We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook winter schedule

Sheringham, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Thomas Cook winter schedule

Thomas cook are laying on cheap flights to Dalaman over the winter. I know Icmeler more or less shuts-down over the winter but if I didn't would you consider going. From my understanding it can get mightily cold out there so maybe I'll wait until May/June.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,092 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomas Cook winter schedule

I'd actually quite like to see Icmeler over the winter...but not with TC. I'd probably combine it with another visit to Istanbul with Turkish Airlines, who fly all year round anyway. Think it would be quite interesting to see the contrast in the closed season.

Edited: 30 September 2015, 17:46
Sheringham, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomas Cook winter schedule

Yes I agree it would be nice to see the contrasting differences but my fear would be there'd be very little open. I think IF I decided on a winter break I might stick to Dalaman; apparently apart from the airport it is quite a nice place to visit.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,092 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomas Cook winter schedule

Not sure there would be much more open there in the winter months, to be honest. If you want a guarantee of places open all year round, you're really talking about the all-inclusives on the Antalya coast, such as Lara Beach and so on

Sheringham, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomas Cook winter schedule

Thanks for the info; maybe we'll forget about a Turkish break in winter atm.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
897 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomas Cook winter schedule

Plenty of bars and shops open in Marmaris and always busy but not with tourists

Nice to sit in the winter sun in the day then go to Yunus bar in evening for live music

Brighton and Hove...
Level Contributor
7,631 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomas Cook winter schedule

Madaza - if you decide to brave the winter in Turkey (!! and we have been over for a couple of weeks at New Year for the past 10 years or so) I would not think of Dalaman. Yes there is a sizeable small town - but it would be very Turkish, you would probably be better staying at Dalyan where you would find a few expats and generally people more used to dealing with tourists (well that is my impression!) Normally during our winter visits, we have enjoyed brilliant sunny days - where you can sit out in the sun at midday without a jacket on (but with jeans and boots!) - and freezing cold nights, cuddled up around a log fire! Also Blondiescot's advice is good - try Antalya for All Inclusive hotels open the year round, or combine via a visit to the wonderful city of Istanbul.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomas Cook winter schedule

Hi madaaza can you tell me were the flights from Glasgow and can you tell me the link please thanks

Sheringham, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomas Cook winter schedule

I was looking at Gatwick. I found the TC winter schedule info on Icmeler Lovers Facebook group.

Link to the story:

fethiyetimes.com/travel-2/12817-cheap-winter…

Edited: 13 October 2015, 02:09
Sheringham, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomas Cook winter schedule

Manchester and Gatwick only I'm afraid.

10. Re: Thomas Cook winter schedule

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2016, 10:48
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler