We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Its been a long year

Sheringham, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
25 reviews
Its been a long year

2015 has been one hell of a rollercoaster ride for my wife and I (not in a good way) For reasons totally out of our hands we had to cancel our May holiday; these things happen we thought. Then we had a long and arduous fight to get a refund from Tommy Crook; we won in the end. Once refunded we started looking to book for September only for my wife to be made redundant soon after the money hit our bank account so all thoughts of Icmeler were put on hold. Even though the job situation hasn't changed things are looking brighter. Icmeler will be back-on next year all being well, so as you can imagine, for us 2016 can't come quick enough !!

wakefield
Level Contributor
45 posts
16 reviews
1. Re: Its been a long year

Hope all goes well next year Madaza we went to Icmeler and that brightened our year up after going through a car crash, first time weve been and loved it so booked ready for next year at Ida, once again hope all goes well for you from hear on.

Sheringham, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: Its been a long year

Thank you. I'm sure things will look better soon !!

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,802 posts
61 reviews
3. Re: Its been a long year

Same for me been through a heartbreaking two years with family health. Managed to get away in June for my 50th without any problems. Here at the moment having a long rest as I can imagine it's going to be a hard few months for me when I get home.

already booked for next year for may and September god willing.

I was made redundant four years ago, due to family issues I haven't been able to go back to work as family has to come first for me from now on, but I still enjoy icmeler

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
776 posts
40 reviews
4. Re: Its been a long year

I hope next year is better for you.

Absolutely agree family comes first, but without a job I understand how the financial burden can become a major issue.

One of the reasons I travel so much is because if I lost my job I wouldn't be able to afford it so its good to make memories whilst we can:)

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,802 posts
61 reviews
5. Re: Its been a long year

I understand what you are saying. We manage pretty well without a second income. I could go back to work but now my parents health is more important as to having money in my pocket

East Sussex, United...
Destination Expert
for Kusadasi
Level Contributor
7,066 posts
100 reviews
6. Re: Its been a long year

Sue, just so you know i have printed off your very informative information for Newbies and will be taking it with me next week. We have not been to Icmeler since 1998 having stayed at the Marmaris Palace 3 times. We are going to be at the Aqua which is a hotel i have always fancied staying at.

I hope things work out for yourself and Madaza and you both enjoy tour visits to Icmeler.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,216 posts
214 reviews
7. Re: Its been a long year

Technoman2, you will see a lot of changes to Icmeler since 1998, that's for sure - please let us know what you think, both of the Aqua and the resort itself. Have a great holiday!

East Sussex, United...
Destination Expert
for Kusadasi
Level Contributor
7,066 posts
100 reviews
8. Re: Its been a long year

Thanks Blondie i sure will.

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,802 posts
61 reviews
9. Re: Its been a long year

I have seen many changes myself since 1998.

We are leaving icmeler tomorrow and going to Dalyan for five days. Still very warm here at night but bring a cardy to be on the safe side

10. Re: Its been a long year

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2016, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler