We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where Else

Blackpool
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Where Else

Hi

We have been to Icmeler for the last four years, three at the same apartments and have loved it.

We would like to try somewhere else next year but we have been spoilt by Icmeler.

After talking, I think we still want to go to Turkey, we were planning to go further afield as my other half has a big birthday next year, starting with a five, but decided the flight to Turkey is about the right length of time.

So, where else in Turkey would people suggest, we like a mixture of beaches and some shopping, not me though, we are willing to look at all inclusive but would be fine to go out for meals at night, we have not done all inclusive in Turkey before, but most of the places we have looked at are hotels and a lot seem to be all inclusive, apartments are fine but not being Icmeler we don't know where to book.

So, any suggestions, please.

Looking for two weeks.

Thanks

Martin

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,829 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where Else

Have a look at Oludeniz,,flying in to Dalaman....Or Bitez flying into Bodrum,they both are very nice but neither is as big as Icmeler....

Wendy

Edited: 25 September 2015, 00:41
Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,778 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where Else

If the beach is important then Olu Deniz would be a good choice as the beach there is quite spectacular. Not as big as Icmeler but Hisaronu is only 10 minutes away on the dolmus where you'll find more shopping and restaurants and if you want it, a fairly lively nightlife.

Another place you could consider is Dalyan. On the river but Turtle Beach is easy to get to by water taxi. Again smaller than Icmeler but has some nice restaurants and a good range of shops. Only 25 minutes from Dalaman.

London, United...
Level Contributor
540 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where Else

I have been to Icmeler three times and Oludeniz once - would go back to either if I could fit in another holiday.

We stayed at Ovacik (just up the hill from Oludeniz) because I was with son and grandsons and they were unsure about the heat. It was one of the best holidays ever. Ovacik is a bit higher up and there always seemed to be a nice breeze.

Although Oludeniz is smaller than Icmeler - I think you have a lot more choice of nearby places to visit. We did Butterfly valley, Hisaranu (several times), Salkikent gorge, Fethyre Turkish quarter and,best of all, Babadag Mountain for our last night . I did a long review on Babadag (few years ago) it was so good!

We only went for a week and there were other places on my list that we didn't get to - maybe next year - do have a look. Hope you find somewhere and have a great time.

Blackpool
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where Else

Thanks for the replies, I will look into those.

I have now been told that Fantasia De Luxe, Kemer looks good, different to what we normally book as we have gone for apartments for the last few years.

I want to spend a little more than normal due to the special birthday but not go to silly.

I will be looking further over the weekend, so thanks for the suggestions so far.

Martin

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,778 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where Else

I have been to Kemer a couple of times and in some respects found it a bit similar to Icmeler but significantly more expensive. Caters a lot for Scandinavians and Russians but has some nice restaurants and a good beach. We got a private transfer each time which took about 40 minutes from Antalya airport.

Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
19,465 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where Else

"Fethiye Turkish quarter"........

Fethiye is a Turkish workng town, it is all Turkish. I think you may have been to the Old Town Pasaptur which IMHO is less Turkish as it is the full of tourists.

7. Re: Where Else

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2016, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations