We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marmaris palace

Level Contributor
112 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Marmaris palace

Hi just booked to go to marmaris palace next summer. Family of 5 with 3 boys aged 17,10 and 6. Can anyone tell me are there a lot of different nationalities in that hotel or mainly British. Also do they show sporting events at the hotel as euro 2016 and Wimbledon will be on at the time. Looking to find out if the use of facilities in the hotel would be extra or free of charge with A.I

London, England...
Level Contributor
23 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marmaris palace

Hi,

I stayed in Marmaris Palace last year and I am returning again next week for two weeks, I enjoyed it that much.

There are lots of Russians that stay at Marmaris Palace as well as a British but more so Russian then the others.

All your food and drinks are included with the AI apart from the Ice cream which they only include at lunch times. Other things that are not included is access to the Marmaris Palace beach and I think (but might be wrong) access to the sauna?

As for the sporting events, I don't think the hotel will be showing them. During my stay I didn't notice a single TV room other then the TV's that are in the apartments.

That being said Icmeler or Marmaris is within short walking distance and I have no doubt one of the bars in either place will be showing all the sports.

I am off in 6 days times, so I will keep an eye out for a place in the hotel if they have a TV room or something.

You made a good choice, I cant wait to get back!

Mentioned in this post
Marmaris
Marmaris
Mugla Province, Turkey
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marmaris palace

If the hotel does not have the sport on, do not worry. The Turks love their sport and the football will be on in just about every bar

Level Contributor
112 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Marmaris palace

Many thanks. As it is our first time to Turkey and excited. Just trying to find out little bits so we know what to expect. Also are the excursion reps reliable or would a hotel rep be more advisable.

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marmaris palace

If you are looking to book excursions, please do not book them with, the hotel or the reps. There are lots of places in town where you can book.

As this will be your first time to Turkey, have a look at the top questions on the right side of the forum which will give you lots of great info on Icmeler

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
London, England...
Level Contributor
23 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marmaris palace

There is a hotel rep there every few days who can give you information and point you in the right direction.

If you're looking for boat trips I would recommend the guy right outside the marmaris palace, his name is Daniel and he done us a great deal on a private boat hire last year.

His kiosk is right down in the front next to the jetty

6. Re: Marmaris palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2016, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler