We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Icmeler vs Oludeniz .

London, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Icmeler vs Oludeniz .

Hi, we've spent the past two holidays in Olu (staying in Ovacik) but looking at a change next year. Can anyone tell me how they differ? It looks like the old town would suit best, but is it walkable to the beach or would we need the dolmus? What's the area like in comparison? Any recommendations for family friendly apartments? (Self catering) And what is the beach like? Thank you :-)

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,160 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Icmeler vs Oludeniz .

Pretty much everywhere in Icmeler is within walking distance unless you have mobility issues. Most places in the old village would be around a 15-minute walk to the beach, unless you are really far back. However, the dolmus is cheap and frequent if you don't fancy the walk. Icmeler beach itself is more shingly than sandy, although there are some sandier sections. Most sections are run by bars or restaurants and offer "free" sunbeds if you buy some food and/or drinks while you are there.

As for apartments, Club Sun Village, Ekinci Palace and Bahar are all popular with families - slightly further back but also good for families are the Grand Aquarium and its sister complex Club Aquarium, and again, further back still, but with dolmus stop nearby, are the Julien Forest and Greenworld.

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,778 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Icmeler vs Oludeniz .

Like Ovacik/Hisaronu, Icmeler is very popular with British visitors and is very much geared to their tastes. Personally, although Icmeler is a lot bigger, I much prefer it and think it is a much nicer resort with more areas within it to visit. Overall I think the quality of the restaurants is much better in Icmeler with everything to suit all tastes and budgets. Some of the more traditional Turkish restaurants are very good and surprisingly cheap. The beach is not as good as the one at Olu Deniz and certainly not as spectacular but it has a good promenade and if you fancy the walk continues as a coastal walkway all the way into Marmaris.

Icmeler is pretty flat and most areas are walkable. I prefer the Old Village area and have stayed there a number of times over the years. As well as those mentioned by blondiescot you could also have a look at the Babadan Apartments which are only a few minutes from the centre and the Moonlight Apartments which are a bit further back but still only about a 15 minute walk into the centre. Both are very popular with families.

Tonypandy, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Icmeler vs Oludeniz .

We've booked at the Bal Apartments for next year can anyone tell me if there's a dolmus stop anywhere near there please .

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,778 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Icmeler vs Oludeniz .

To be honest I don't think you would need a dolmus as these apartments are not too far from the centre, about a 10 - 15 minute walk. There are plenty of shops and restaurants nearby, with Jimmy's ASDA just round the corner down on the main road. From the main road you have to go up a short, slightly steep hill so if mobility is an issue a taxi might be better as you would have to get off the dolmus on the main road.

doncaster. uk
Level Contributor
56 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Icmeler vs Oludeniz .

We have stayed in Icmeler over 10 times and can highly recommend it. You can't go wrong with the Murat apartments in the old town, huge pool extremely clean apts and all areas of the apartment grounds are well kept, run by a lovely family. See the reviews on here. Only a 10 min walk to Icmeler centre but plenty of lovely eateries in the old town. Lovely and quiet.

Tonypandy, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Icmeler vs Oludeniz .

Thank you I do have slight mobility problems but I can manage a short walk,your post has been very helpful,can't wait for next July now,really looking forward to Icmeler as we have heard so many good things about it.

London
Level Contributor
36 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Icmeler vs Oludeniz .

Do you know the verde hotel. If so is it quite central and near the beach. Would it take long to go to ola deniz. Thank you.

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,829 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Icmeler vs Oludeniz .

Yes the Verde Hotel is only a couple of mins walk from both the beach and the main square in Icmeler,there are lots of bars and restaurants on the door step of the Verde..

You would need to get the dolmus to Marmaris bus station,then a bus to Fethiye and then from there a dolmus to Oludeniz,would take around 3 hours I would say..

Wendy

scunthorpe
Level Contributor
71 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Icmeler vs Oludeniz .

Have been to icmeler 12/13 times.

Returned from OluDeniz yesterday. As previously said OluDeniz beach is pretty spectacular and takes some beating. I think Olu Deniz as a whole is smaller than Icmeler, and as good as the restaurants are in Icmeler, the beach front terraces in Olu have some very high standard of food, although you do pay for it.

If you are staying in the village in July , I would take into account heat and add 10 mins on, for the walk to the beach.

10. Re: Icmeler vs Oludeniz .

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2016, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler