We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 bag thefts on beach today!

Kernow-T
Level Contributor
484 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
2 bag thefts on beach today!

Just be aware - ie only take bit of cash you need and leave the iphone in the hotel (you may even enjoy talking to others!)

Bolton, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 bag thefts on beach today!

Where about a was this, same beach area or different sections?

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,548 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 bag thefts on beach today!

Happened to my daughter a few years ago too, she lost bank cards, phone too, fortunately she left her passport with me

Take very little with you to the beach

Kernow-T
Level Contributor
484 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 bag thefts on beach today!

Isolated, in terms of location. Either end of beach

Bolton, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 bag thefts on beach today!

Thanks for the warning.

I don't usually go to the beach but when I do I don't leave the sunbed because I don't want to leave my belongings alone, unless someone I know is there then I'm ok.

Sheringham, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 bag thefts on beach today!

It can happen anywhere in the world. Take no valuables and only enough cash to see you through the daytime. Stay vigilant; Its so easy to say but on holiday you tend to let your guard down.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,548 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 bag thefts on beach today!

Been hunting high & low for one of these " I LOCK YOU"

It is a locking ring type thing that you can attach to chairs, sun beds etc, concept is you attach bag to it, then to chair, dubbed etc. have seen people use baby buggy locks !!

Edited: 31 August 2015, 04:14
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
946 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 bag thefts on beach today!

Sun babe, The pram/ bag lock is a " Buggy Buddy" about. £8 on Amazon. Do you mean the "Aqua vault" that goes across back of a lounger, like a secure box to put phone, watch, etc, again Amazon.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Aqua
Hotel Aqua
2,620 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,548 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 bag thefts on beach today!

No frangipani ,

These rings are interlocking, quite ingenious idea really, I suppose taking a med size lockable karbringer would do the same thing .

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 bag thefts on beach today!

The first reports of this nature I've heard about in 15 odd years of visiting Icmeler. Very unfortunate for the people who had their belongings taken.

I have noticed in recent years the increasing number of people using very expensive technology on the beach. Mobile phones, kindles, tablets and even laptops etc. I take expensive items with me to the beach but never leave them unattended and just practice a bit of common sense and not leave items on show.

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,548 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2 bag thefts on beach today!

Very true,

But even someone can spend a while studying people's movements, as to when they pack there tech items away to go for a swim, we usually keep our laptop/ tablet in the safe and only take it out to use for a

wee while each day, then lock it back up

When abroad, I just take a simple payg mobile, nothing complicated , that way if it is lost, we haven't spent a great deal on it and it's easy replaced

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations