We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATM stirling

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
ATM stirling

Hi I read somewhere you can withdraw £s from the ATM's. Is this true and if so if this a better idea than taking loads of cash with you? Im thinking you get a better rate than withdrawing in lira? Thanks

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,080 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATM stirling

Yes, you can indeed withdraw sterling from some of the ATMs. We usually use either the one under the Kapmar Hotel or the Garanti Bank one on the main road (opposite side from Tansas) - both give you the option to withdraw lira or sterling. The charges will depend on your own bank, however - and sometimes also on what kind of account you have.

Mentioned in this post
Kapmar Hotel
Kapmar Hotel
622 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATM stirling

Thanks. I'm sure I'll be able to reclaim any charges in a few years!

3. Re: ATM stirling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2016, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations