We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venice restruant

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
725 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Venice restruant

Hi all

Just thought I'd let people know of a bad experience in Venice last week.

After many years of eating in Venice we had a bad experience with mustafa ( think that was his name)the waiter after yet another beautiful meal we wempnt to pay the bill of 153 lira but didn't have enough so asked the waiter if we could pay in English who brought mustafa over who converted it for us and said it was £55 so we left £60 to cover a tip.

While walking back to the hotel I converted the bill my self as it didn't seem correct and on doing so it only came to £34 at that' days rate of 4.5 lira to the pound so I contacted Venice through their Facebook page and was asked to return next day.

When we returned mustafa tried to say we only gave him £40 but after some discussion he contradicted himself by saying he ran after U.S. To give us our £26 change if we had only gave him £40 why would he chase us to give us £26 change after his boss intervened he was told to give us the money back.

To say we were disappointed by this is an understatement and won't return to Venice when next in Icmeler.

Jonnyboy

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Icmeler
Icmeler
Marmaris District, Turkey
Bolton, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Venice restruant

Thanks for sharing, sorry to read of your experience.

I've not been in the Venice for years but on reading your post can only see the positive in that they resolved it and you got your money back. Just seems harsh to never return, just my opinion.

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
725 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Venice restruant

Hi Jo

Unfortunately I don't see the positive in this because if we had been a bit more intoxicated we might not have noticed and I don't. Think they would have given it back next time we were in.

This was not an honest mistake but dishonesty And blatant lies from mustafa that is the reason we won't return

Jonnyboy

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
417 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Venice restruant

We had a bad experience there a couple of years ago and have never been back since. I ordered chicken fajitas and when they arrived they were not sizzling at all. I complained and the waiter said I had to pay extra if I wanted them sizzling!!! To start with I thought he was joking, but he really meant it and was quite intimidating. We just paid up and left, couldn't get away quick enough. He made us feel very uncomfortable.

4. Re: Venice restruant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2016, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler