We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More for your money compared to a few weeks ago or not?

Kernow-T
Level Contributor
484 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
More for your money compared to a few weeks ago or not?

Hi all - was in Icmeler just a few weeks ago (tl was about 4.1 then). With it now approaching 4.5 am I going to find out that I'm 10% better off or have all the TL prices (restaurants, ice-creams, excursions etc, been instantly adjusted to negate the fall in the currency?

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Marmaris District, Turkey
Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
694 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: More for your money compared to a few weeks ago or not?

Earlier in the season I noticed one particular restaurant, which shall remain nameless, increased their prices for the set menu when the rate increased but I still considered it excellent value. It will be interesting to see when I go back in October if it has increased again. I'll still be going there irrespective as I love their food.

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
759 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: More for your money compared to a few weeks ago or not?

The lira has dropped against the £ but its worth bearing in mind that the Euro, US Dollar & Russian Ruble are also big currencies used in Turkey - as well as other currencies.

I'd say its very unlikely prices would be altered just because the £ has gained strength.

I travelled in May & July this year & there was no difference and I'm not expecting any changes to prices when I go in October.

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
FALKIRK
Destination Expert
for Marmaris, Armutalan
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: More for your money compared to a few weeks ago or not?

The Lira has also dropped hugely against the Euro and the US Dollar cant comment on Russian Ruble lol

Stevie

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,074 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: More for your money compared to a few weeks ago or not?

Various places around Icmeler now doing 4.50TL to the £ today...

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Marmaris District, Turkey
Kernow-T
Level Contributor
484 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: More for your money compared to a few weeks ago or not?

Excellent, I shall be there, to take full advantage, just 30 hours from now :-)

6. Re: More for your money compared to a few weeks ago or not?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2016, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations