We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

medication in hand luggae

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
medication in hand luggae

Hi all can anyone tell what the rule is on carrying medication in hand luggage.Dont really want to put it in hold luggage just in case it went missing.

Hebden Bridge...
Level Contributor
6,410 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: medication in hand luggae

Google is your friend.

https://www.gov.uk/hand-luggage-restrictions…

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
761 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: medication in hand luggae

Medication is fine in hand luggage but take a copy of your prescription and a doctors note if you are taking needles.

Another good reason to carry meds in your hand luggage is that the hold of a plane can reach very cold temperatures and it can affect the way the medication works.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,080 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: medication in hand luggae

Indeed - something which particularly applies to things like insulin for diabetics.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
120 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: medication in hand luggae

Hi we always keep it in its proper boxes when travelling as well

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,061 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: medication in hand luggae

Good advice from all so far. I am diabetic and always carry my insulin in hand luggage. Just have a letter from your doctor, a copy of your prescription just in case. This year I was searched, my hand luggage as I boarded the Easyjet flight to return to UK. Security guard was little confused when he saw my insulin pen. Just said diabetic ad he was fine

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: medication in hand luggae

Cheers for all the good advise

7. Re: medication in hand luggae

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2016, 11:48
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler