We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who is tempted to change money naw for next year?

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
402 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Who is tempted to change money naw for next year?

With the exchange rate so good at the moment is anyone tempted to change some spare money naw just incase it drops by nest year?

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
1,665 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Who is tempted to change money naw for next year?

Yes I have been keeping an eye on the Lira rates. May purchase some Lira for next years Holiday to Hisaronu/Ovacik.

Mentioned in this post
Hisaronu
Hisaronu
Oludeniz, Turkey
Ovacik
Ovacik
Oludeniz, Turkey
Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
1,665 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Who is tempted to change money naw for next year?

The Lira has just touched 4.50 this is a milestone.

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
761 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Who is tempted to change money naw for next year?

No I'll chance it - I didn't expect it to stay over 4tl to £1 with only about 8 weeks to go before the season finishes.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,088 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Who is tempted to change money naw for next year?

It's always a gamble - after all, if we could predict how the currency markets would go, we could all be millionaires, lol - but it's certainly very tempting with the current rate.

Washington, UK
Level Contributor
164 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Who is tempted to change money naw for next year?

Turkey's economy, I would submit, is unlikely to recover under its current government due, in no small part, to its reliance on trade links with Russia. That, coupled with the increasing strains prevalent in the East of the country, is highly likely to result in the Lira continuing to diminish in value for the forseeable future. I suggest this mitigates against buying more Lira than you currently require.

Mentioned in this post
Russia
Russia
Europe
Level Contributor
766 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Who is tempted to change money naw for next year?

4.25 at p.o ????

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Who is tempted to change money naw for next year?

Arrived home Thursday from icemeler, we was getting 4.7 in the small supermarkets.

8. Re: Who is tempted to change money naw for next year?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2016, 11:47
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations