We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Forum Changes

Sheringham, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
25 reviews
Forum Changes

Hi all

I used to watch this forum with much interest; must be 5 - 6 years ago. It was then a sort of free-for-all, there was one DE who used to constantly undermine everybody else's opinion's. I was going to ask him why he behaved in such a fashion but always stopped myself for fear of ridicule by him and maybe the 5 or 6 followers he had.

Think his screen name was rwd. Anyway I see he's shuffled off. Congratulations on turning this forum around. Long may it continue.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,198 posts
212 reviews
1. Re: Forum Changes

Glad to hear you are enjoying the Icmeler forum - the current DEs do try to keep it as friendly, interesting and informative as possible, and in the main, most people are helpful and respectful of other people's posts.

Sheringham, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: Forum Changes

So I see. I'm not a big poster I usually find the answers using the search feature.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
73 reviews
3. Re: Forum Changes

Since I began to follow this forum the de have always been very helpful and friendly its a lovely forum to be on with lots of new people may it continue

Sheringham, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
25 reviews
4. Re: Forum Changes

I've been observing for a while now, deciding on whether to re-join TA. The friendliness of everybody on here now, compared to how it used to be convinced me to give it another go.

I'm no knight in shinning armour and can be outspoken at times. Before Sue became a DE this forum used to bring the worst out of me. It won't know I'm sure; I'm looking forward to being part of this community.

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
5. Re: Forum Changes

Thanks for your kind words. I know what you mean though lol there was alot of bullying going on then

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
73 reviews
6. Re: Forum Changes

Yes there was sue but a nicer place now everyone respect all of the de they have so much to give to us all your enthusiasm for icmeler is lovely and rightly so

Essex
Level Contributor
341 posts
45 reviews
7. Re: Forum Changes

I like this forum. I have never been worried to ask questions or answer queries.

I have recently joined another for our holiday next year and can never tell if answers are genuine or people are being sarcastic. There seems to be lots of 'in' jokes. Has stopped me from asking anything else. They seem to forget that some people are newbies and have not been to a resort 10x before.

Well done to all here for keeping it friendly.

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
8. Re: Forum Changes

It's very friendly on here. I am not as active as I used to be but most of my friends know why xx

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: Forum Changes

Oh yes...he's gone hasn't he.That nasty rascal who thought he was forum police.I'm pleased for all you forum regulars :) Enjoy the peace and friendliness again.

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,098 posts
46 reviews
10. Re: Forum Changes

Glad your enjoying the forum. It is a friendly place where you can ask anything without fear of being bullied. many of the members have years woth of experience and knowledge about Icmeler. What people on here dont know about Icmeler is probably not worth knowing.

Thanks to all members on here for their contributions

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations