We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat trip question

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Boat trip question

can anybody recommend a good boat trip to do with kids from icmeler? children 11 & 9. Also rough idea of price ?

Apologies if already says on here - internet access not great today ! 💦

East Yorkshire
Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat trip question

Hi, We are a family of four and usually go for the lazy day trip which includes pick up and drop off at your hotel trip includes BBQ lunch 4 or 5 swim stops for snorkelling ect and often around an hour in neighbouring Turunc it's a really great day out and costs around £30 for a family of four everyone gets a sunbed and table in the shade below to eat lunch the only thing not included is drinks but prices are around the same as in town so take plenty of money for drinks ice creams ect and relax and enjoy.

Mentioned in this post
Turunc
Turunc
Mugla Province, Turkey
edinburgh, scotland
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
4,953 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat trip question

Lazy day boat trip is a good one - we usually book through Icmeler Online, as some of them can be really crowded, with everyone packed on like sardines and not enough sunbeds for everyone. Other ideas include the jeep or quad safaris or a day at one of the waterparks in Marmaris. A good tip is if you plan to do several trips or excursions, book them together and you can normally negotiate quite a good deal.

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Marmaris
Marmaris
Mugla Province, Turkey
southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,795 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat trip question

I would go and see Eric at April tours. He has some fabulous boat trips. You can find eric on the main road opposite babadan hotel

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat trip question

I also book with icmeler online, I have to say, never had a packed boat as they usually limit the numbers. They are an excellent day out.

Hounslow, United...
Level Contributor
460 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boat trip question

Went on one yesterday(Tues) We went on ozge mama boat Adults were £10 each or 40tl. Family run boat with dad captain,lovely wife and son taking drink,ice cream orders. All I would say is don't book through hotel reps. There are plenty of agents around Icmeler. Tell them what you are after in terms of family boat,party boat etc. Have fun😎

Edited: 12 August 2015, 20:05
Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
London
Level Contributor
2 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boat trip question

Some friends all used 'Nemo' outside of the Sentido Orka Lotus - private boat trips of top quality .. They all had a lovely time - sadly we didn't follow their advice!! Will discuss what not to book later!!

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boat trip question

Depends on kind of trip you want! You need to be really specific. We booked (sadly)through a kiosk on beach side of Main Street.. I specifically asked for a small boat (20-25 people max) the kiosk guy (called himself 'cheeky bugger') he assured us it was a small boat - I asked 4 times!!! what we ended up on was a huge boat, which was old and dirty and had over 120 people, food was rubbish, drinks expensive, crammed in like sardines .. Toilets were like sewers (no flush you had to tip buckets of water down to clear!) loud mainly Turkish music - boat probably moved for an hour in total for 7 hour trip - mainly just mooring up and swimming - then dumped out in Turunc.. Boat was called 'Panorama Princess'.. Avoid at all costs - I complained to the captain who basically told me tough luck and to try and enjoy myself - I didn't .. I went back to the kiosk that evening and he wasn't there but his colleague was and said he'd been unfair and knew we were on a big boat (reason I was so particular is my daughter has issues with large crowds and noise!).. We were ripped off ! Really hated it... Not for small kids or big adults! Please do your homework and ask to see a picture of the boat ...or use a reputable tour operator - but you of course might enjoy large, crowded, noisy boats with bad toilets! Then if so book with confidence ...

Mentioned in this post
Turunc
Turunc
Mugla Province, Turkey
edinburgh, scotland
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
4,953 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boat trip question

Eric at April Tours on the main road, or Icmeler Online - book with confidence with either and you won't end up with an experience like that.

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
694 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Boat trip question

TheUndercoverTourist. Thank you for posting your experience and hopefully it will prevent other people being lured into this situation. Sorry it did not turn out for you and hopefully you have a better experience the next time.

Stockton-on-Tees...
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
2,583 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Boat trip question

We did 2 trips both booked at the kiosk opposite Amigos. First lazy day trip (we asked the capacity of the boat and he said 200) we asked for guaranteed sunbeds and he picked us up first. All inclusive food and drinks which were adequate. Stopped at several bays and Turunc which was lovely. Nice day out. Second trip was Turtle beach/Dalyan/mud baths. Wouldnt recommend. At least 400 people on the boat when we'd been told it was 150. Stopped once to swim and once for lunch. Mud baths were rushed and packed. Best part was the sandy beach of turtle beach and the 2 hour breezy trip back. Buses back from Marmaris harbour were a manic, ridiculous free for all. Both trips were about 160TL each, for 2 adults and a teenager but I would recommend the lazy day trip.

Mentioned in this post
Turunc
Turunc
Mugla Province, Turkey
Dalyan
Dalyan
Mugla Province, Turkey
Marmaris
Marmaris
Mugla Province, Turkey
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler