We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking seats

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Booking seats

We're off to paradise in September and was wondering is it worth booking our flight seats, the reason I'm asking is because I've read before that even though you have booked your seats, other people have been sat in them so there really isn't any guarantee when you book them, where flying with TC, any replies would be great, thankyou

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
417 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking seats

I think it depends how many of you are travelling. When we go as a couple, we always book our seats. When we go with the grandchildren, both aged under five, we don't bother and have always been seated together. Went with the little ones in May, and couples were separated and dotted in odd seats all over the plane. At the end of the day it is personal choice and depends if you would rather use the money for spends. As for others being sat in the seat, that has never happened, and we have flown with many airlines. If someone was sat in a seat I had paid for, I would sit on their knee!!

CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
7,063 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking seats

I have never pre booked seats and have always been seated together, wouldnt bother me anyway if we were sat apart as the other half always sleeps throughout the flight lol.

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
1,665 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking seats

Got brilliant seats in July this year and we did not pre book, got the seats next to the wing where the cabin crew sit, lots of leg room.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
176 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking seats

I did last year loads of leg room there and back ,so not gonna book my seats again😀

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
228 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking seats

Only book seats if you want the extra leg room. For flights that are fairly long i.e Turkey, Cyprus, Canaries etc we always try to get the extra leg room, if it is a short jaunt down to Malaga or Corfu etc we never bother

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
Corfu
Corfu
Ionian Islands, Greece
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
196 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking seats

When you check in tell then your partner is scared of flying they will try and sit you together,

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking seats

Thank you all for the replies, I've never booked before, the four of us were chatting one night about it, so I guess I'll save a few more pennies and have a couple of cocktails, thanks everybody xx

8. Re: Booking seats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2016, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler