We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thinking I ve seen all of the old town. .......?

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
14 reviews
Thinking I ve seen all of the old town. .......?

Hi,Everyone

Bit of a strange question but last year we visited icmeler for the first time and we thought we'd seen all of the old town we visited Wembley,love star,sidiks and backstage but since keeping my eye on the forum this year realising that there's was wayside,Tommy s etc ha ha ha Where abouts in the old town are these ?

please ?Cheers Dave

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,223 posts
214 reviews
1. Re: Thinking I ve seen all of the old town. .......?

Tommy's is right at the back of the old town - at the top of the dry canal. Wayside isn't in the old town though - it's on the road down to Tansas past the school.

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: Thinking I ve seen all of the old town. .......?

Thanks blondiscot for replying so quickly as you always do.Is there anything else near tommys bar worth visiting? Thanks as always Dave

North west
Level Contributor
519 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Thinking I ve seen all of the old town. .......?

You did same as me on my first visit.....wondered what everyone kept going on about. From what I recall there is only Tommys at that side. I would recommend going down the road at side of Lovestar carry on past Backstage until you come to Sun Village apts. Here you can turn left at the far side of the canal and 100yds you will see writing on the wall for Cafe Rose. Alternatively you can carry on past SV and you will come to show hairdressers and Captain Sinbads(Friday night is quiz night I believe). Carry on round to the mosque and some real village life. Just by keep heading further back you will come to Tommys. Happy hunting

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: Thinking I ve seen all of the old town. .......?

Brilliant sglemum. Thanks very much for your help. I ll definitely try that direction this time. Can't wait not long now.

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
252 posts
14 reviews
5. Re: Thinking I ve seen all of the old town. .......?

where is the old town in relation to greenworld

North west
Level Contributor
519 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Thinking I ve seen all of the old town. .......?

Im pretty sure from what ive read before that Greenworld are at the very back of the old village.....further back than Tommys.

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,803 posts
61 reviews
7. Re: Thinking I ve seen all of the old town. .......?

I have been going to icmeler since 1998 and haven't explored right at the back round greenworld yet lol

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,107 posts
46 reviews
8. Re: Thinking I ve seen all of the old town. .......?

I walked up passed Greenworld this year for the first time. Just beyond there was a rope bridge but I was on my own and it had been raining so did not want to venture too far acroos the rocks to the rope bridge. maybe next year

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
252 posts
14 reviews
9. Re: Thinking I ve seen all of the old town. .......?

Haha I have heard it is in the back of beyond, nice and quiet, just as long as there are some watering holes on the long walk into town!

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,803 posts
61 reviews
10. Re: Thinking I ve seen all of the old town. .......?

Might see you up there smc. Have you booked?

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations