We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Icmeler 2015

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
19 reviews
Icmeler 2015

On a lighter note, we travelled to Icmeler in early July. The holiday got off to a bad start at the Castle apts but we were quickly settled in the Kent hotel and very nice it was. We did the trips to Marmaris, you have to go around the indoor market, great fun and Turunc market but we are not ones for boat trips etc. We did hire one of those electric two seater bikes and saw the old town in all its glory and as I said we found Café Rose for the first time, very lovely place.

We ate in

TURKISH DELIGHT - the menu did have a different name on it but the food was excellent and the service spot on. A Turkish family next to us had a mixed grill that looked spectacular

RICHARDS PLACE - again very nice but the place was busy and we had a fair wait for food

WAYSIDE - very good again although I was a little disappointed after the build up on here, maybe expecting too much.

3 BELLS (Old Town) - Just got our meal finished before a big power cut. The meal was once again very nice and the staff exceptionally good especially when the lights went. They were hanging torches and even mobile phones with lights on for customers still eating.

CHAMPAGNE - needed a steak where to go only one place for me and it didn't let me down. Top meal of the week tied with TURKISH DELIGHT but didn't expect anything less from CHAMPAGNE

CHEF - back again for an Anatolian Special and it didn't disappoint.

SIDIKS - last night and decided to go up to the old village. We had intended going to BACKSTAGE but in walking past SIDIKS we were drawn in by the lovely smells coming from the kitchen. A lovely meal and I love the way they parade their signature dish - the leg of lamb around so everyone can get a look before serving. Am having that next time I am there it looked fantastic.

All in all a lovely holiday after our first day problems. We also had snacks and breakfasts in 3 Bells (in town) YOLO and treat ourselves to a lovely last day breakfast sitting on the jetty at Denez Kapisi which was so nice. We had a few drinks at our favourite bars in Friends, Buffalo Wonder Bar and Kaktus and our new fave the new Scotia Bar. Weather was hot and the lovely pool at the Kent was welcoming. Just a mention for all the lads at the Studio Bar - lovely fellas and couldn't do enough to make you welcome.

TIP - Hire one of those scooter things they are great to see the town

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,223 posts
214 reviews
1. Re: Icmeler 2015

Thanks for posting that, lenL48 - always good to see what people think of different places. I think Turkish Delight may be known as Melissa this year, by the way.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
13,187 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: Icmeler 2015

Food for thought (pun intended !)

Very good "eating out" tips,particularly for those new to Icmeler.

(ourselves included,2nd stay coming soon, though popped down to Icmeler a few times when staying in Marmaris)

Booked to visit Icmeler twice between now and next May, so possibly we will sample some of your recommendations.

Slainte

Mick

PS

I will remember to pack a torch ;-)

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
776 posts
40 reviews
3. Re: Icmeler 2015

Great review, thank you for sharing.

We love Champagnes, its always our first meal - steak plank for me

Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
694 posts
64 reviews
4. Re: Icmeler 2015

Good to hear that after a bad start you had a good holiday. Sorry that Wayside didn't come up to your expectations. Once again we had a lovely meal there in June. Sidiks sounds very good for the lamb so may give it a try on our next visit. Thanks for your review.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
5. Re: Icmeler 2015

Where about is Champagne...we will be staying at Sun Village?

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,223 posts
214 reviews
6. Re: Icmeler 2015

If you come out of Sun Village and follow the dry canal down into the centre of the resort, it will bring you out almost opposite Cafe Anne's, on the corner of the road where it turns towards the beach - head down there and Champagne is down there on the left.

Carmarthenshire...
Level Contributor
518 posts
39 reviews
7. Re: Icmeler 2015

Where did you hire the two seater bikes, and the cost please, any photos anywhere?

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
19 reviews
8. Re: Icmeler 2015

You will see the two seater electric bikes all over the town, anywhere that hires scooters, pushbikes etc has these. We paid 60 lira for two hours (£15) and it was well worth it. The traffic is not bad in the town and almost non-existent up in the old town so it is easy to navigate around and much easier than walking. BTW you can't take these machines down onto the beach paths .

Carmarthenshire...
Level Contributor
518 posts
39 reviews
9. Re: Icmeler 2015

Thanks so much for your reply, and so glad you enjoyed the Kent hotel, I'm going there in August.Thank you.

newcastle
Level Contributor
90 posts
28 reviews
10. Re: Icmeler 2015

Champagne added to the list............

Edited: 22 July 2015, 21:26
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations