We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thursday , Friday, sat, sun afternoon

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
170 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Thursday , Friday, sat, sun afternoon

Hi everyone

Well I took the Wednesday off day before we flew, invited the kids round with their fellas and did a nice meal for us all with the good intentions of everyone being happily fed and hopefully us 3 tucked up in bed by 9pm. Didn't happen!

Eventually got to bed at 12:30am and had to be up by 3am so not ideal you would say!

Check in at Manchester was quick, no problems, straight through, easy enough. Begrudged paying £4.60 for a pint though.

Flight itself was fine. My son's first time and he loved it. One tomato soup and two hot chocolates £10.50. Robbin' gits!!

Thomson transfer to hotel was good. It took an hour and three quarters with a ten minute break where you could buy drinks and snacks etc.

Staying at the Babadan Apartments and we were taken to room 57, one of the attic rooms. It was hotter than hell, as basic as they come and a little tatty to be honest. But it was the heat that we just couldn't take and with air con only in the bedroom I thought I'd give it a go at a room change before we unpacked.

Told a few porkies to the receptionist and got a much better room a floor further down. So much cooler with a nice balcony. Happy days!!

The wife and son have a single bed each with air con and I have a double settee bed, hard as nails in the main room that triples up as a bedroom, living room and kitchen!

As I said, pretty basic, but ok for just a base to sleep and change etc, so all' good.

The apartments themselves are spotlessly clean, as is the reception area, bar, and both pools. 24 hour mini shop also. Would stay here again but not in one of those attic rooms.

Forgot to mention the bar staff. Will do anything for you. Really good dudes!

First meal was at the Babadan Hotel, not the apts. Fillet steak meal for me, carbonara and a big pizza for the other two. Lots of mezes beforehand, and lots of drinks. Total price was 140Tl. It was a lovely meal so tipped the lads 30Tl.

Nevis Pide the second evening and got a carry out as it was past midnight. I had the meatballs with lots of extras and my other two had a sort of chicken wrap. Some of the best food we have ever eaten out! Going back there defo. £12 all in.

Tipsi Burger last night. Going back there too! Best burgers we have ever eaten! And well priced too.

We did the quad and buggy safari yesterday. Great fun. Michael (my son) wants to go again next week. 100Tl for the DVD but you have to get it first time.

Going Aqua dream water park tomorrow.

We went for a walk around 2pm today to go book Deniz Kapisi for tomorrow night. Bad move.

Took me an hour to recover. Thought I was gonna die from heat exhaustion. A lesson well learned!

One last thing. They all drive these 3 wheeler electric bikes. Michael loves them! They go about 25-30 miles an hour and are 2 seater so he pops out to see Eric at April tours, hires one for the hour and takes me shopping to Tansas. Great stuff!

Everyone was right too, Eric is a top man!

Mentioned in this post
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
Babadan Hotel & Apartments
Babadan Hotel...
386 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
Hotel Aqua
Hotel Aqua
2,624 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
Deniz Kapisi
Deniz Kapisi
417 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
Home Bistro
₹, European, Turkish, International
Sevgi Bar
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Pub
Golden Moon champagne steak house
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Steakhouse, Pizza, Mediterranean
North west
Level Contributor
519 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thursday , Friday, sat, sun afternoon

So glad you enjoying your hols. Brilliant review so far

Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
694 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thursday , Friday, sat, sun afternoon

Sounds like you are having a good time and I enjoyed reading your review of holiday up until now. Thanks for taking the time to write this.

Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thursday , Friday, sat, sun afternoon

Sounds brilliant mate. Glad your enjoying it have a good one

4. Re: Thursday , Friday, sat, sun afternoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2016, 09:48
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations