We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wayside Restaurant

North west
Level Contributor
519 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Wayside Restaurant

We all have our favourite places but after a fab meal here I just have to give it a special mention. Was about 5 years since I last visited. The place has been given a new look....very shabby chic ....credit to the owners. It looks fab. Onion rings to start followed by chicken in JD sauce. Absolutely beautiful. Portion size just right. First meal ive finished in a week. There was a few people in but they deserve to be a lot busier. I guarantee if you support them you wont be disappointed.

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
402 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wayside Restaurant

Looked very very quiet in wayside when we were in icmeler we walked past this every evening and the most we saw in there was 2 tables with people on.

They must be feeling it .

North west
Level Contributor
519 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wayside Restaurant

They are. Was 4 tables last night. Couple of them big groups. Lack of people does put others off but I have to say best meal ive had in many years of coming to Icmelar.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wayside Restaurant

Havnt been to icmeler for four years but me n wee dude ate in the wayside every lunch time when we were their he loved it especially Oscar the cat lol

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wayside Restaurant

I wonder if Oscar the cat is still there

Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
694 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wayside Restaurant

I have to agree with sglemum. We visited again this year after not having been for a couple of years and the food was excellent as was the service and friendliness of the management. We also felt this was up with the best meals we had during our holiday. My husband is a fussy eater and has difficulty choosing from menus and was advised to ask for what he wants and it will be made for him. Now that's service and makes customers feel they are important. The Steak with Jack Daniel's glaze is my favourite dish - cooked to perfection.

Sue. There was a cat there but couldn't say if it was Oscar

newcastle
Level Contributor
90 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wayside Restaurant

I agree it does the best fillet steak. Not been yet this year but we will do when we go. Always been really busy previous years so if they are struggling it really is a bad sign for the resort.

North west
Level Contributor
519 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wayside Restaurant

There were 2 cats there....1 took a real liking to me. Not sure why!!!

8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Wayside Restaurant

The Wayside is one of our favourites,we only managed one visit this year and we liked the brighter decor.They were a bit quiet and said it had been like that all season pretty much like a lot of the resort.

Had the popular steak and JD sauce and it was as good as always.

9. Re: Wayside Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2016, 09:48
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler