We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jet 2

Manchester
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Jet 2

Just letting people know, if you are flying to Icmeler with Jet 2 anytime soon, and have pre booked your seats for your flight, make sure you compare the seats that you picked online with your flight voucher/boarding pass. when we got to the check in desk at the airport, we noticed that the seats on our boarding passes were not the same as the ones we had pre-booked. We booked window seats and to be sat together (£35 to book seats online), but we were sat on Isle seats on separate rows away from each other. Even after we explained to the member of staff at the check in desk and shown our proof of paying for the seats months before the flight, he could not do anything but give us the 2 seats we have been alocated and wait until we get back home. The same has happened for our flight back home as well, we payed for window seats together but instead we are at opposite ends of the plane. We spoke to other people on our flight on the way to Turkey that hadn't booked their seats, but still were seated next to each other at window seats, which is what we payed for and got the complete opposite; yet Jet2 staff couldn't do anything apart from tell us to ring customer services to get a full refund for the seats we payed for when we booked the holiday in January 2015. I don't want anyone being put in the same situation as it wasn't a very good start to the holiday along with a delay. I don't want to give jet 2 bad credit because overall they're brilliant I just want to warn people of this situation, so you can sort it out before you're holiday

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Marmaris District, Turkey
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
694 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jet 2

Sorry you had this experience and thank you Jaymee for this advice. We have used Jet2 many times and this has never happened to us but we will check before we go in October. Thanks for the heads up!

manchester
Level Contributor
141 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jet 2

Thanks for the heads up. I always book my seat after flying back from Turkey in 2008 they tried to separate myself and my daughter who was 8 at the time. Fortunately a lovely couple witnessed my distress and swapped seats with us

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jet 2

This happened to us as we checked in online last week, noticed the seat numbers had changed and they were aisle seats not window seats which we'd payed for, I went on live chat and told them I wanted window seats and not over the wing as this is what we'd payed for, they said they'd had to change aircraft but would look to see if they could change them for us....after a few minutes they came back with new seat numbers that were window seats and not on the wing, I did print out the chat conversation and have highlighted the new seat numbers so when I get to the airport hopefully these are the ones we'll get, when you pay money for something you should get it....it's wrong just to change without asking you first

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jet 2

This happened to us as we checked in online last week, noticed the seat numbers had changed and they were aisle seats not window seats which we'd payed for, I went on live chat and told them I wanted window seats and not over the wing as this is what we'd payed for, they said they'd had to change aircraft but would look to see if they could change them for us....after a few minutes they came back with new seat numbers that were window seats and not on the wing, I did print out the chat conversation and have highlighted the new seat numbers so when I get to the airport hopefully these are the ones we'll get, when you pay money for something you should get it....it's wrong just to change without asking you first

Darlington, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jet 2

Same happened to us last year - they blamed change of aircraft. We had booked 6 seats together - 2 rows- when we checked in on line the seats allocated were dotted around the plane. Had to ring customer services to sort it out - didn't get our booked seats but they managed to sit out party together - never offered any refund neither

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
117 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jet 2

E-mail customer services when you get home. It happened to me and they refunded the money to my account.

Manchester
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jet 2

I know Lynn S, they said to us it was a change of aircraft and families are first priorities which is understandable, but they shouldn't have people paying extra to reserve seats if they aren't guaranteed to get them!

8. Re: Jet 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2016, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations