We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The old village......

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
171 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
The old village......

Hi

Always reading reviews and questions and answers of people that mention the 'old village'.

I've heard it's not off the beaten track, but a little quieter than the town centre.

We are staying at the Babadan Apartments. Are these in the so called old village?

I've a sneaky feeling they are and would be chuffed if I'm correct.

As always, many thanks.

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The old village......

Babadan aparts are a few minutes walk to the main road in the centre of icmeler. They are basically at the beginning of the village so you have the best of both worlds

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
171 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The old village......

Couldn't have chosen a better place to stay then Sue, thank you.

North west
Level Contributor
519 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The old village......

Yes you are in a prime position. I made the mistake of thinking the area round the Wembley Bar was the old village (you wont miss it). It is, but if you go further back you will see a lot more of real village life. Dont be afraid to cut down a back street or two.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,134 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The old village......

The real "old village" is really further over towards the back and left of Icmeler (looking away from the beach) - if you head up from the Babadan to the crossroads where the Wembley Bar and Lovestar area, take a left there and keep walking. You will come to the dry canal and see the mosque ahead - just have a wander round all those little streets and alleyways around there.

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The old village......

I once went by myself early May and the weather was warm but rained most mornings. I took a wander from Club Daystar and literally just got lost in the back streets of the old village. I wasn't even worried that I was lost as I just headed towards the beach direction when I wanted to and found that most all linked up some where along the line. I saw little places I never knew existed before, I loved it.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,134 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The old village......

Exactly - that is the best way to do it, just get out, go for a wander and explore all those little side streets, etc. You will see a different side to Icmeler and come across lots of little hidden gems...

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The old village......

I wouldn't stay anywhere else than Sun Village now where I can look out across the village. I love it.

Level Contributor
43 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The old village......

Is the Oren in a good place does anyone know

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The old village......

The Oren is right at the very back of the Old Village. Its a fair walk into the town from there but of course there are Dolmus and taxi's you can take. I would imagine the wander down through the village from there is fab. I stayed at Eden Garden before and that was quite far back, great walk though.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,134 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The old village......

Sammig30, are you confusing the Oren and Oren Hill? Oren Hill are the ones which are at the back of the old village, but the Oren are across near to where the Wednesday market was. They're just a short walk from various shops, bars and restaurants - and the Tansas supermarket is probably only about 10 minutes at the most.

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations