We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety

Cambs
5 posts
1 review
Safety

Hi just about to go on holiday to Turkey and now very concerned about the attack in Tunisia how safe is Turkey at the moment? Any ideas

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,216 posts
214 reviews
1. Re: Safety

All I can say is that the Foreign Office has not changed its advice on travelling to Turkey, and unless that changes, I would go and enjoy your holiday. These things can happen anywhere at any time and you can't let them stop you living your life - or else you let the terrorists win. The tourist resorts in Turkey are hundreds of miles away from the Syrian border.

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
311 posts
19 reviews
2. Re: Safety

you are as safe in turkey as anywhere else in the world, go and enjoy, that is what we are doing.

Hebden Bridge...
Level Contributor
6,430 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Safety

ziggie58, There is a thread covering this running already on the Icmeler forum tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g609056-i10890-k…

Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Safety

I'm due to travel later this year and I'm very wary. But to say it's miles from the border means nothing really. How far is Tunisia from Iraq/Syria!!!!. Only takes one gun and one idiot

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
73 reviews
5. Re: Safety

Yes it can happen anywhere in the world but do we give in and not go anywhere and stay at home it can happen in this country as it did in London a few years ago

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
6. Re: Safety

The trouble is people are posting stuff on facebook and social media sites saying Turkey even Greece and Spain are high risk destinations....these are not coming from any official organisations whatsoever...just scaremongering and like someone said earlier until the foreign office say any different enjoy your holiday...I know I will in August.

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
311 posts
19 reviews
7. Re: Safety

Well said Ade. They are trying to cause mass hysteria and drain these countries of tourist income. It will not stop me going away and enjoying myself. I do not use social media but that is the platform where people post stuff and it spreads. On another note, the forces need to knock heads together and get in and wipe this cult off the face of the earth, one way or another.

Level Contributor
49 posts
8 reviews
8. Re: Safety

We are booked to go to Icmeler September but still going and looking forward to it. We are just as at risk in England as we are anywhere else probably more at risk. I spoke to Thomas Cook the weekend and they said people travelling to the UK are given a high threat of terrorism when travelling here. Just feel like it can happen anywhere and I'm not gonna let them stop me from travelling.

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
776 posts
40 reviews
9. Re: Safety

Flying out Wednesday.

If we stop travelling we let them win, plus as others have said the UK is just as much at risk, if not more so.

Ignore the scaremongerers!

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
117 posts
11 reviews
10. Re: Safety

Well said Chezza100

Enjoy your holiday, full report please when you get back. We go in September. Where are you staying?

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations