We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Postal Service from Iclemer

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Postal Service from Iclemer

Wonderful holiday in Iclemer. sent 7 post cards, posted in box outside the post office may 19th. Not one has arrived yet. Are there problems with their postal service?

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,088 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Postal Service from Iclemer

Have to say I have never actually sent a postcard from Icmeler (or anywhere else in Turkey, for that matter) - and I can't actually recall speaking to anyone who has, so I can't be of much help to you on that, I'm afraid. I have had similar experiences in other countries too though in the past. I have, however, sent mail to Turkey and it did seem to take longer to arrive than anticipated.

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Fethiye, Turkey
Level Contributor
996 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Postal Service from Iclemer

My experiences with the Turkish postal system have been a nightmare. Have only sent things Domestically in Turkey and this was a small package which took 8days to arrive in antep.

We have had small parcels (around 2kg in weight) sent over which have taken 19days and 23days. These were tracked and did leave the UK two or three days after postage so the holdup I imagine was at customs.

We were also expecting several birthday cards for my partner sent from the UK. Posted on the 1st April and the 4th April 2 of the cards arrived the week after his birthday which was on the 16th - the last one we were waiting to receive came on the 10th May..

Now I don't tend to bother with ordering things or getting post sent to me and wait til I have friends family coming over to bring my post or bits over.

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Postal Service from Iclemer

It's the age old problem that you get home before the postcards ! It usually takes 2-3 weeks in my experience. We used to send them, but do not bother any more

4. Re: Postal Service from Iclemer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2016, 09:48
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations