We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa's

2 posts
Save Topic
Visa's

We have bought our evisa's online, do we still need to bring a paper copy to show at the airport?

wrexham north wales
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa's

Hi I would take a paper copy with you just in case your asked for it but it last time we went straight through must show up when they scan your passport as you have to enter the passport info when you apply for the visa hope this helps

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
748 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa's

I always take a copy just in case their systems are down and then you can prove you've got your visa.

I like technology until it breaks, and it will :)

2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa's

Okay thanks for the advice

edinburgh, scotland
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
4,943 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa's

We weren't asked for our printed copy when we arrived at Dalaman earlier this month, but the people who went to the next passport desk were, so maybe it's just the luck of the draw...

Mentioned in this post
Dalaman
Dalaman
Mugla Province, Turkey
London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,873 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa's

Best to have it just in case.

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
307 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa's

Take a paper backup. Not sure if it makes a difference having a new chipped passport ? We all have them and were not asked for paper ones last year

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
232 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa's

Hi all

I bought our visas then renewed my sons passport so the numbers now don't match do I need to buy another visa for him just to be on the safe side

Thanks

edinburgh, scotland
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
4,943 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa's

Yes, colin h - the passport number must match that on the visa, so he will need a new one.

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
232 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visa's

Thanks

Just wondered for the sake of £13 probly better to be safe than sorry

10. Re: Visa's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2016, 09:48
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler