We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3rd June - 18th June 2015

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,797 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
3rd June - 18th June 2015

I have been back a week now and only just had chance to write a review.

Flew on 3rd June 2015 with Thomas cook, very enjoyable journey. On arrival at Dalaman we went straight to passport control and showed our visas without any problems at all.

We booked a private transfer with Kagan at Seagull, I would definitely recommend this company, it took 1 hours 20 minutes and a very comfortable journey.

Arrived at Faber and were shown to our rooms, what can I say, I wish we had gone here years ago, it really is a fantastic place and great staff

Places we ate at:

Florida – five star

Café Annes – five star

Lighthouse – five star

Harry Ramsdens – no stars, will not be visiting again

Kayra Pide – five star

Cadde Pide – five star

Garden Orange – five star

Backstage – five star

Hannaden – five star

Prices for food had gone up but with the rate so high compare to last year it didn’t make any difference to our budget. The rate in the resort was 4.25 but we were getting 4.32 on our halifax card

We went on the Pirates of Marmaris twice with friends on fb and on Trip advisor, both fabulous days out.

Booked to go to Akyaka with Eric at April Tours, great day out and plenty to see.

Went to Fortuna Spa for my 50th Birthday treat and paid £30 each for a two hour pampering sessions, really enjoyed this will be going back again in September

The best of all though was my 50th birthday party at Backstage, on arrival Kemal and the staff had set the table out perfectly and plenty of decorations up for my celebration. 18 people came to my party and I would like to thank you all for coming as I had a fabulous night and was blessed with some lovely cards and presents. To end the night Kemal had ordered a huge chocolate cake for me which was delicicious.

We had a lovely peaceful holiday, we found that the resort was a lot quieter this year. The resort looked a lot smarter with all the shops tided up and nothing hanging round on the street.

On our return journey we were picked up by seagull and had a smooth journey to Dalaman.

Our journey home with Thomas cook was great, no delays or hiccups, we would definitely book again.

Plenty more we did on holiday but its just remembering all of it now I have reached 50 lol

Mentioned in this post
Dalaman
Dalaman
Mugla Province, Turkey
Marmaris
Marmaris
Mugla Province, Turkey
Akyaka
Akyaka
Mugla Province, Turkey
Fortuna Beach Hotel
Fortuna Beach Hotel
911 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
edinburgh, scotland
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
4,971 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3rd June - 18th June 2015

Thanks for posting, Sue - glad you had a good holiday and was great to meet you both. Hopefully more people will also post reviews as the season progresses, as I think people do find this kind of information useful.

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,797 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3rd June - 18th June 2015

It was lovely to meet you both. Hope to go back in may next year when it's cooler. Thank you for my birthday card xx

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3rd June - 18th June 2015

Thanks for posting Sue. Did you personally prefer the resort being quiet, or would you have liked it to have been busier.

Did you notice any real changes around the resort

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,797 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3rd June - 18th June 2015

We prefer the resort quieter. The main changes were the shops looked alot tidier with everything inside the shop. The canal area looks a bit odd with just three stalls left now. But as soon as their lease is up they will be removed

Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
694 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3rd June - 18th June 2015

Thanks Sue for finding the time to write an informative review. It was lovely being able to be part of your birthday celebrations, despite the fact that our attempts to surprise you were thwarted when Mark spotted us going into a shop. It was lovely spending time with you both and we too had a most enjoyable holiday. Initially the resort was much quieter than usual but it got busier as time passed and the changes did not in any way change my feelings towards Icmeler - still love it and I am looking forward to my next visit in October.

Edited: 27 June 2015, 02:20
Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3rd June - 18th June 2015

Excellent review, whets the appetite even more for this years holiday. Can I ask why no stars for Ramsdens ?

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,797 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3rd June - 18th June 2015

It was great seeing you Eileen lol I had an idea you were coming early lol.

We witnessed in harry rams that they were recycling the butter and bread to give to other customers. My hubby wiped his mouth after having some bread whilst the waiter was watching and deliberately put the serviette in the butter dish. The waiter took it away and put it in the fridge for the next customer. I went to the toilet before leaving and heard a man being very ill in the toilet next door.

This is not the first time we have witnessed hygiene issues a few years ago we saw other issues

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3rd June - 18th June 2015

Hi sue loved reading your review as usual informative your birthday party sounded great wish I was there we are not out this year going to lazarotie first time a bit sceptical as icmeler been our love for so many years dawn Turkey x

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,774 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 3rd June - 18th June 2015

Thanks for the review Sue. Glad you enjoyed the Faber. We also enjoyed it last year and thought it was in a great location.

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,797 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 3rd June - 18th June 2015

Hope to see you next year iain. We have already booked faber for may and September next year. Thanks for your recommendation x

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler