We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do icmeler and oludeniz compare?

Level Contributor
41 posts
How do icmeler and oludeniz compare?

Hi all have just booked a two week break at yazici marmaris palace for May next year. The last two years have previously stayed in oludeniz and was wondering if anyone has stayed in both resorts? Views and opinions appreciated.

Essex
Level Contributor
212 posts
21 reviews
1. Re: How do icmeler and oludeniz compare?

I prefer Icmeler, they have a nice promenade walk, also you can get the water taxi to Marmaris for around 4.00.

Tyne and Wear
Level Contributor
617 posts
44 reviews
2. Re: How do icmeler and oludeniz compare?

We have stayed at Icmeler and Olu Deniz area and I find the two resorts pretty similar. Icmeler has very pretty scenery and prom like Olu Deniz but is a bigger resort and it also has an old village at the back of the resort.

We stay in the Yazici Mares Hotel every Easter (last 4 years) which is next door to where you are staying and they are situated in between Icmeler and Marmaris. There is a pleasant footpath beside the beach which runs from Icmeler to Marmaris and it is a very pleasant walk.

I also find going early season before the hotel gets too busy is a good time to visit.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
3,710 posts
297 reviews
3. Re: How do icmeler and oludeniz compare?

We went in late September one year to Turunc and took the taxi boat to Icmeler, we only stuck it for a short time as we couldn't see the beach for people it was that packed like sardines they were queuing for sunbeds. We walked along to Marmaris which was pleasant enough and then got back on the taxi boat, it certainly put me off going there.

Tyne and Wear
Level Contributor
617 posts
44 reviews
4. Re: How do icmeler and oludeniz compare?

Where the poster is staying has its own private beach area and jetty with sunbeds, and is situated half way between Icmeler and Marmaris. On your walk to Marmaris you would have passed it, so I don't think the packed beach would be a problem to them.

glasgow
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
5. Re: How do icmeler and oludeniz compare?

Having been to both I personally prefer İçmeler. I am not a beach lover so I'm afraid the attraction of Olu Deniz was lost on me although I have to admit the beach there is quite spectacular. İçmeler is a much bigger resort but is well laid out with different areas to spend time in. The neighbouring resorts of Marmaris and Turunc are easy to get to by dolmus or water taxi and are well worth a visit.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
6. Re: How do icmeler and oludeniz compare?

We have stayed at both resorts and although we enjoyed olu deniz we prefer Icmeler as there is more to see, also there are more places to eat and drink. We are going back to Icmeler this year but I don't think I would go back to olu deniz, maybe I would consider going to Hisaranou as that is a bigger resort and only a short taxi ride away.

Level Contributor
41 posts
7. Re: How do icmeler and oludeniz compare?

Thank you everyone for the helpful advice, sounds like the hotel is in a good location for exploring the area. The hotel seems to tick all the boxes as we enjoy walking and spending time at the beach. I'm really looking forward to our first visit to icmeler.😁

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
20 reviews
8. Re: How do icmeler and oludeniz compare?

You will love it just as you enjoyed olu, we have been to both and love both places ,if only they were closer to each other.

Pontefract, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
9. Re: How do icmeler and oludeniz compare?

Icmeler everytime, have been to olu, hisaronu, ovacik, and although nice icmeler out strips them all.

London UK
Level Contributor
243 posts
276 reviews
10. Re: How do icmeler and oludeniz compare?

We enjoyed our holidays in both areas but found that Icmeler is the better of the two. It is not as busy and there are places to visit by dolmus or water taxi that give more opportunities for a variety of views. We also preferred the cafes and bars in Icmeler - they seem to be less commercial and more friendly than Olu.

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations