We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Icmeler 2nd to 13th May - Review

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
776 posts
40 reviews
Icmeler 2nd to 13th May - Review

Left Birmingham on the 07:05 flight on Saturday 2nd May. Flew with TC, flight packed, only 2 seats free which was a surprise so early in the season. Flight was good arrived about 20 minutes early.

Through the airport swiftly and found my transfer, used DM Transfers, requested no stop and arrived into Icmeler just before 3pm.

Initial thoughts when entering the resort 'building site'. Piles of cement and bricks, businesses boarded up. Had this been my first visit I would have been concerned. Continued through the main road and was very pleased to see businesses open arrived at the Siesta apartments to be greeted by friendly faces that I knew.

Weather was a glorious 28 degrees.

Stayed at the Siesta apartments several times, rooms are clean, spacious with a kitchenette, fridge and lots of storage space.

Went out to the Costa supermarket to buy essentials, shame to see their lovely outside fruit stall had been moved inside and was considerably smaller now - a change enforced by the Mayor.

The Champagne Restaurant underneath the Siesta apartment was only open for drinks on the day I arrived so I went for dinner at the Lighthouse. I had the plank steak and a friend who I caught up with had a pepper steak. Meals were 32 & 35tl with a bottle of red for 40tl. Was very happy with the prices.

Went for drinks at the Sevgi Bar to end a tiresome first day.

I spent most days at the beach, which I found quiet and relaxing, I hardly used the pool area at all which is a first for me.

As time passed more & more businesses were opening, Bonjour, Golden Moon, Cupids, Venice, Amigos, YOLO all opened whilst I was there. As did the Wonderbar.

Icmeler also began to come to life as more people arrived - although 1 or 2 cranes could still be seen around the place.

Tandoori Sizzler, Fryer Tucks, Bar Ex weren't open when I left - I believe they needed o have their work completed by 15th May.

Weather was beautiful until 11th May when the rain came, but I cannot complain after 9 days of 30 degrees plus.

Restaurants visited: Champagnes, Lighthouse, Tipsi, Kontes, Majestic, Chef, Cupids - all of which were really nice & have to say those with new roofs look lovely.

I went to Marmaris twice & ate in a couple of places on the Marina.

With the opening of another AI hotel I strongly am of the belief that this is damaging Icmeler & the local businesses. The amount of people walking about with wristbands on was extremely high & a great pity - just my opinion.

I spoke to a couple of business owners who are hopeful the season is just going to take a bit more time to get into full swing this year.

Personally my time away was as enjoyable as always. I made new friends and caught up with some old pals and its nice to go this time of year as those that work in Icmeler have some time to talk.

Transfer back to the airport was a few minutes late, but that's nothing new & the flight home was refreshingly nice because a friend was flight attending. No tears this time either which is a first for me lol.

I even brought some lira back as I felt my money stretched further this holiday - but at 4 tl to £1 it would.

Currently returning in October but really hoping for a week sometime between now & then.

In the meantime - happy holidays to everybody.

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
46 posts
35 reviews
1. Re: Icmeler 2nd to 13th May - Review

sounds like you had a great time, we go first 2 weeks in July. Do you think prices for drinks compare to those in the UK. I do know the food prices are usually excellent but was a little concerned that prices for drinks are quite pricy. How much for a bottle of beer and a spirit and mixer to give us an idea of costs and how much money to take.

thanks a lot Perky 6

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
19 reviews
2. Re: Icmeler 2nd to 13th May - Review

Large Efes 9 TL

Soft Drinks 6TL

Local Spirits 10TL

Imported Spirits 12 TL

Capuccino 7TL

Fresh Orange Juice 8TL

Chicken, pasta set meals which include bread and meze, main meal and dessert 29TL

Steak, Lamb or Beef set meals which include bread and meze, main meal and dessert 38TL

Fish Set meals which include bread and meze, main meal and dessert 38TL

Lamb Shank set meal which include bread and meze, main meal and dessert 48TL

Just over 2 quid for a pint of Efes mate, I wish I could pay that over here!!!

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
776 posts
40 reviews
3. Re: Icmeler 2nd to 13th May - Review

My thoughts exactly on the drinks lenL48 :)

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,216 posts
214 reviews
4. Re: Icmeler 2nd to 13th May - Review

Great review, chezza - thank you for sharing it with us. Lots of useful information there too - and also from LenL with the prices. Many thanks, guys!

Level Contributor
227 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: Icmeler 2nd to 13th May - Review

Any recomendations for a funpub as were thinking of popping down tonight as were in armatulen...???

Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
694 posts
64 reviews
6. Re: Icmeler 2nd to 13th May - Review

Thank you Chezza for a very interesting and informative review. Glad you enjoyed your holiday and I am so looking forward to seeing the changes. Another thanks to lenL for giving us information on prices.

Edited: 18 May 2015, 20:31
suffolk
Level Contributor
19 posts
86 reviews
7. Re: Icmeler 2nd to 13th May - Review

Am coming out 14june, can't wait, have lost count number of times been now, we stay ay Uysal appts and was wondering where tipsi is as reading good reviews and would like to try, although when walking around we usually come across new places,

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,216 posts
214 reviews
8. Re: Icmeler 2nd to 13th May - Review

Tipsi is up in the old village - if you walk up past Romance and keep going straight up that road, when you come to the crossroads where the Wembley Bar and Lovestar are, go straight across and it's just up that road, almost opposite Sidik's

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
19 reviews
9. Re: Icmeler 2nd to 13th May - Review

Can't take credit for the prices they were produced by SueM on another thread. Just couldn't understand how anyone could think the drinks prices were on the pricey side. Wish I was popping down to Icmeler this year but have had to settle for Paphos in March, Gouvia in june and a very special 21st celebration in Mexico in sept. Back to Icmeler next year if I get my way

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
10. Re: Icmeler 2nd to 13th May - Review

Hi Chezza100.

NOW THAT IS WHAT YOU CALL A REVIEW. WELL DONE.

(Take note everyone)

Hope you manage to getaway again between now and october.

Best of luck. Chris.

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler