We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transfer time

Paignton, United...
Level Contributor
408 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
transfer time

Hi all we have just booked a last minute holiday to icmler,total newbies.but i have just read that thomson transfers can take upto 3hours is this correct? ?i have a 4year old and a 9month old and cant bear to think about a 3hour coach trip with them after a 4hour flight lol.so am thinking about maybe a private transfer.thanks for any replys

south east...
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transfer time

Seaģull transfers are gooď about £66 return takes about 1hour 20 your can't go wrong.

Tyne and Wear
Level Contributor
617 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transfer time

Definitely get a private transfer as it will be well worth the money, you will be in the resort approximately in 1 hour 20 mins as tallstephen above has just said.

If you are on a coach the journey can take about 3 hours depending on how many drop offs they make in Marmaris etc. and they also stop for a 20 minutes courtesy stop half way.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,155 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transfer time

Unfortunately yes - the tour operator transfers can take hours, and it is the last thing most people want after a long flight, especially if you have children. We did it the first time we came to Icmeler and vowed never again after endlessly dropping people off all round Marmaris before we even got to the resort. A private transfer is, in my opinion, worth every penny. Icmeler Online are good - have a look on their website, as they do various options from speedy shuttles to a private transfer.

Paignton, United...
Level Contributor
408 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transfer time

Hi guys,thank you all so much for the replys,i got straight onto seagull transfers and booked,i also found a discount code on fbook so i got return tranfers for £58 what a bargain so with the money i saved i ordered a couple of beers (hopefully a nice cold efes) and some soft drinks for the misses and kids :-)

Just really didnt fancie a 3hour coach journey with our 2 young boys after a 4hour flight.thanks all for the reccomendation ;-)

Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
694 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transfer time

Wise decision shaunwolves. When I first went to Greenworld I had a Thomson transfer and it took us over 4 hours as it is the last drop off. We also were transferred onto another coach in Marmaris so never used their transfer again. Just remember to tell representative at Dalaman as they may well wait for you, even although you have told their office staff, and it saves the coach being held up.

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: transfer time

I would never do a shuttle again. Last year the coaches were quicker than us lol. Trying seagull this year

Level Contributor
242 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: transfer time

me personally i would never have a coach transfer , my longest was 4 hours, after that i only do private transfers

their are many good priced ones out their , i used rain transfers a few times in the past , but like many now i use seagull.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: transfer time

how easy is it to book a transfer like its our first time so not sure how it all works yet - any advice

Carmarthenshire...
Level Contributor
518 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: transfer time

Just go on to the prefered. Website. Personally I would recommend DM transfers, really good, no problems.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: transfer time

just checked their website seams very simple, just need the link to stop dropping out very many thanks for the recommendation going to book tomoz

:)

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations