We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel insurance Some prices are ridiculous

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,078 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Travel insurance Some prices are ridiculous

As both Mrs smc4761 and I have pre existing medical conditions, insurance can be a bit pricey with some suppliers

For the past years I have used Southdowns, Insurance and they have been very reasonable. For my 2 weeks, last year in Icmeler, it was about £35

I called them today and was advised before I started that prices had gone up . Oh boy had they gone up, £88.90. A polite no thanks

I checked internet and found a good comparision site

www.medicaltravelcompared.co.uk

For the exact same cover prices ranged from £21.60 through to well over £200. I increased my excess slightly and got it for £31.20

So if you are going to Icmeler please ensure you have travel insurance, and make sure you shop about

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
171 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel insurance Some prices are ridiculous

Hi smc4761.

My insurance for myself, my wife and son (child) was altogether £161 for the two weeks plus the 4 months prior to the holiday. Didn't know any better as it's been that long since we last had a holiday.

A package holiday with Thomson (think I also paid too much for the holiday as well).

Will be much more savvy next year now I've a better idea of the prices.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,138 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel insurance Some prices are ridiculous

Those are good prices, smc - especially for existing medical conditions. I've had to pay a lot more than that for us this year. Mind you, ours is an annual joint policy...

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,078 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel insurance Some prices are ridiculous

Blondie, even the annual one was only £52, with the company I am going with which given our medical stuff and being over 50, I thought was really good

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,661 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel insurance Some prices are ridiculous

You should really take out travel insurance as soon as you book your holiday in case of any unforeseen circumstances :-)

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,708 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel insurance Some prices are ridiculous

And do remember that in between you buying insurance and actually travelling, should you be referred for medical tests or be diagnosed with a condition, you should remember to inform your insurer ... make sure that you declare absolutely everything!!

Jak xx

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,138 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel insurance Some prices are ridiculous

Completely agree - on both counts.

7. Re: Travel insurance Some prices are ridiculous

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 25 April 2015, 21:36
Edited: 25 April 2015, 21:36
8. Re: Travel insurance Some prices are ridiculous

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2016, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations