We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

This summer Hotel Aqua

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
155 posts
46 reviews
This summer Hotel Aqua

When should I expect reviews from returning visitors for 2015 season ? We are booked to stay in the Aqua beginning of June and were wondering what effect the new road / footpath that is being built had on the hotel.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,216 posts
214 reviews
1. Re: This summer Hotel Aqua

The season doesn't really get going properly until the beginning of May, so I wouldn't really expect to see many reviews before that. It's difficult to tell what effect the new footpath is going to have on the Aqua and Marti La Perla, but from the photos and videos which have been posted on various Icmeler Facebook groups, it certainly doesn't look as if there will be much privacy around the pool areas of either hotel, unless they do something between now and the start of the season. I'm sure the hotels will be doing all they can to reassure guests and lessen any impact on their holidays though.

northwich
Level Contributor
282 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: This summer Hotel Aqua

We are also interested as we are there on the 11th June, We will await the first few reports.

Merseyside
Level Contributor
26 posts
32 reviews
3. Re: This summer Hotel Aqua

Hi, I've seen the latest pics and vid for this hotel and I'm hoping the Hotel puts on more security guards as they will need it as the new footpath looks too close for comfort for me to the pool area. My only bit of advice is to be extra cautious and lock any valuables in your free to use room safe. We all tend to let our guard down on holiday, but if you take necessary precautions then I'm confident you'll have a safe and wonderful holiday at the Aqua so have a great holiday. I'm sure Tolga and his team have thought this through, but if you have any issues whilst you're there ask to speak to Tolga or a member of his staff as they will all do whatever they can to assist you. Have a wonderful holiday. Enjoy. I'm sure you won't have any problems.

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
311 posts
19 reviews
4. Re: This summer Hotel Aqua

I have also seen the video and it seems strange. They seem to have cut right through the hotel grounds, but obviously it was agreed. Still a lovely hotel, although we prefer self catering. You will have a great time, although, I suspect many guests will be a bit more alert as it is not penned in as before. I would find it a tad strange having to "cross the road" to use such an expensive hotel's facilities. Seems like a bit of an own goal to me and would discourage me from staying there. Where we stay there is only 1 entry/exit, and I would be more on guard with small children.

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
155 posts
46 reviews
5. Re: This summer Hotel Aqua

Where will I find recent photos and the Video please ?

help much appreciated

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,216 posts
214 reviews
6. Re: This summer Hotel Aqua

They are on several of the Icmeler Facebook pages, AbbyGo - try having a look on Icmeler Truths and Friends of Icmeler F.O.I, as I think that's where I've seen the most recent ones.

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
155 posts
46 reviews
7. Re: This summer Hotel Aqua

Thanks. Found the video and some photos taken yesterday Looks like the pool at the Aqua now borders the walkway....Room for sunbeds on walkway ?? Must admit am a wee bit concerned as to what awaits us. Last year we stayed in Marti La Perla ( lovely hotel but food not great ) They don't appear to have lost quite so much ground as the Aqua We thought how nice and spacious the Aqua was and they had superb reports on TA How wrong can we be ?? Are there any grassy areas elsewhere in the Aqua's grounds or have they all been taken by the 'council'

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,216 posts
214 reviews
8. Re: This summer Hotel Aqua

There is still the garden area between the new walkway and the beach (which was previously part of the Aqua's grounds) but I'm afraid I've not seen anything to say whether this will now be for the exclusive use of the hotel guests or not.

9. Re: This summer Hotel Aqua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2016, 09:45
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations