We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't wait for 16th july!!

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
171 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Can't wait for 16th july!!

Hi everyone.

Think I've read every question on here and every forum going on Icmeler.

We haven't been away for a good few years and I want to make it special for my wife and son who is 15 years old.

Going to go on the majority of trips, (especially looking forward to the buggy and quad safaris). Won't book through Thomson for them, will try some of the other people mentioned on here. Especially wanted to go self catering so I can sample all the different cuisines. I'm a bit of a foodie and love trying new dishes, but a steak lover at heart!!

I've booked 2 weeks at the Babadan apartments after reading great reviews about the place. Don't really care if we end up in an attic room as we'll only really be sleeping there.

Was looking forward to the market on wednesday and hope it will be back this year. Last time we had to barter my wife ended up upping the price!!

This forum was what swung it for us to visit Icmeler and I hope we're gonna have a great time, so just wanted to say thanks for all the questions and answers and hope I'll be writing a rave review about the place in a few months.

Cheers everyone, Mike.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,146 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can't wait for 16th july!!

You will see some changes since your last visit to Icmeler, Mike - but I am sure you will have a great time. The Babadan are highly recommended, especially for families. As for the market, no-one knows for sure what will be happening there this year - but it doesn't look as if it will be back as it was before. There is still a market in Turunc on a Monday, and larger markets in Datca, Koycegiz and Mugla if you want to venture a bit further afield.

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can't wait for 16th july!!

Blondiescot, the market at Mugla last July was as Icmeler just mountains of fruit and veg. No handbags shoes etc. Missus was not a happy bunny!

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can't wait for 16th july!!

Mike, your post was really nice to read. I also cannot wait to go this year as I am taking my Dad who did not have a holiday last year and is so looking forward to it. We have 8 days at the Sun Village, in the Old Village where I have stayed before but Dad hasn't. We also go self catering so we can try all the different restaurants in and out of town. Have a wonderful time. 27 sleeps and counting for me.

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can't wait for 16th july!!

I would recommend the koyseguez day been several times and book with eric at April tours on the main road

Edited: 11 April 2015, 17:29
Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
234 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can't wait for 16th july!!

Hi Mike

We get there on the 27th of July staying at the babadan after a 2 year break from icmeler and realy looking forward to seeing all the changes hope you enjoy yourselves

Colin

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
171 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can't wait for 16th july!!

Thanks for all the replies and advice. I'll be going to koyseguez for definite.

To all those who are counting the days, I wish you all a great time.

Happy hols!!

Mike.

7. Re: Can't wait for 16th july!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2016, 09:45
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations