We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking back at previous holidays

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Looking back at previous holidays

I was at a loose end earlier this evening so thought \i would have a look at a review I posted in 2009. Some of the prices are interesting, Rate of exchange was only 2.30 lira to £

Efes 4lira

Chicken set meal 12-15 lira

Steak set meal 20-26 lira

Soft drink 3-4 lira

Cocktails 6-10 lira

Local drink plus mixer eg vodka and coke 5-8 lira

Boat trip 20 lira

Jeep safari 25 lira

Now the rate of exchange is about 3.70 to £

Given the prices were 6 years ago and the poor exchange rate prices have not really gone up that much, if at all

So Icmeler still remains great value

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Marmaris District, Turkey
Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,072 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking back at previous holidays

Interesting to see that comparison - I think the main thing which has increased there would be the Efes and other alcohol, but that's because of the tax hikes. Other prices certainly hold up well considering, and as you say, with the higher exchange rate, that's not bad at all...

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
759 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking back at previous holidays

Looks pretty good in comparison

3. Re: Looking back at previous holidays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2016, 11:45
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations