We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cherries

birkenhead
Level Contributor
118 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Cherries

Been looking back on some posts from 2013 and been mention of cherry festival does anyone know the dates this is on also we are here in May this year will the cherry season have started

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,074 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cherries

I know various places in Turkey do have a cherry festival - usually in June, I think - but not come across one in the Icmeler area before. We usually go in May and there are always plenty of cherries for sale in the little greengrocers and minimarkets - I think the season begins from around April onwards.

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Icmeler
Icmeler
Marmaris District, Turkey
birkenhead
Level Contributor
118 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cherries

Thanks we both love the cherries but have been late august and september the last couple of years and didnt see any

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,638 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cherries

Down in Fethiye the cherry festival is in June (in a small village called Nif), so that is the regular cherry time. Early cherries are not good and very expensive. May is the time for strawberries :-)

Enjoy them!

Mentioned in this post
Fethiye
Fethiye
Mugla Province, Turkey
FALKIRK
Destination Expert
for Marmaris, Armutalan
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cherries

Theres always plenty in June i usually get a huge bag from Turunc market from our boat trip on a Monday.

I would need to remortgage my house to buy a bag that big in Scotland lol

Stevie

Mentioned in this post
Turunc
Turunc
Marmaris District, Turkey
Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cherries

Off topic a little but as anyone tried Raki with cherry juice and ice ,its lovely.

6. Re: Cherries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2016, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler