We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideal for a young couple?

Moray, United...
3 posts
Ideal for a young couple?

Me and my boyfriend are looking to go on our first holiday together in June.

We are a young couple (19 & 20) and we want somewhere sunny with lots to do day and night. We enjoy going on day trips, maybe a boat trip or water sports . We want somewhere livelyish at night with nice bars, cocktails bars and restraunts but not as wild as the 18-30s resorts!

But where we can also have a little chill time.

We would prefer a hotel with good evening entertainment, maybe all inclusive but not essential, flying from Scotland for a week. Up to £500pp.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated😊 was thinking Turkey icmeler, salou or Tenerife thanks!

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
697 posts
150 reviews
1. Re: Ideal for a young couple?

Hi Rachel

My daughter went to Icmeler last year with her partner and loved it. She loves a lively night out and loved the bars in icmeler and you can always pop up to marmaris for a really lively night. There are loads of cheap trips to do, she was shocked by the how cheap and good they were and lots of great water sports. She enjoyed her holiday that much she is returning with her boyfriend an another couple this year. With regards to which hotel to stay in, she is staying in a different hotel this year, so I would have a look at trip advisor and do some home work and find a hotel to suit your needs.

If you've never been to turkey you will love it, we have been holidaying there for the last 6 years after years of Spain, Greece, Mexico etc and love it.

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
402 posts
32 reviews
2. Re: Ideal for a young couple?

Yea I'd totally agree with above post great place good value and plenty to do

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,206 posts
214 reviews
3. Re: Ideal for a young couple?

I'd agree with that too - and Marmaris is just a short hop away if you want the nightlife there...

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,780 posts
18 reviews
4. Re: Ideal for a young couple?

I agree with what has been said. Icmeler has something for all ages. Only thing I would add is don't restrict yourself to only looking at hotels. Also have a look at apartments. Eating out is good value and there are some great apartments there.

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
123 reviews
5. Re: Ideal for a young couple?

Good advice from Iain there, eating out is so reasonable that self catering is a great option. I always go self catering myself. Plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from and I do think Icmeler would be great for a young couple. As said, Marmaris is just down the road and accessed easily by public transport or taxi. For boat trips, try Icmeler Online.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
154 posts
21 reviews
6. Re: Ideal for a young couple?

Went in June last year with my girlfriend and little boy. I found it was very quiet at night, not a lot going on and the music in bars was low. Generally I found it lacked atmosphere. Something to do with the mayor clamping down on unauthorised premises without licenses. I still had a great holiday and thought the restaurants were fantastic and the scenery is beautiful.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
154 posts
21 reviews
7. Re: Ideal for a young couple?

Have a look at oludeniz or fethiye

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
46 reviews
8. Re: Ideal for a young couple?

We are probably a little biased on here and many on here find Icmeler just about right for most things. Lively in places, laid back and relaxing in others, something for everyone. Olu is quite a bit smaller that Icmeler, and is also a bit more expensive for eating and drinking

9. Re: Ideal for a young couple?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2016, 11:46
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations