We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

olu deniz or icmeler ?

Alva, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
olu deniz or icmeler ?

Hi, looking for anyones help and advice please . We were first timers to icmeler in september last year and totally fell in love with the place . We were looking to book up again this year but were told by a friend to go for olu deniz instead . His opinion was that icmeler is like Blackpool compared to olu deniz . I find this very hard to believe and was hoping that someone who has been to both locations could give me their views on this . As always any replies would be gratefully appreciated .

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,202 posts
212 reviews
1. Re: olu deniz or icmeler ?

I've never been to Olu Deniz, but I have a workmate who has been to both and she said exactly the opposite! She said everyone raved about Olu but she felt it didn't compare to Icmeler and Icmeler would be her choice every time. Of course, that was only her opinion and hopefully others who have been to both will be able to give their honest views and help you make a decision.

bristol
Level Contributor
292 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: olu deniz or icmeler ?

hi we have been to both they are much the same i would be happy to go back to either although icmeler is a bit bigger with more roads and olu is mostly for pedestrians

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,701 posts
71 reviews
3. Re: olu deniz or icmeler ?

I would say "give it a try"!

I been to both and when I came to Içmeler I was surprised how much it was like Ölüdeniz, only Ölüdeniz has really a much nicer beach. And a big plus; you are close to Fethiye where there is much more going on than in Marmaris.

Also your transfer time will be pretty much shorter.. go for it! Do not listen to negative opninions unless it is your own :-)

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
46 reviews
4. Re: olu deniz or icmeler ?

I think if you ask this on the Icmeler forum you will mainly get Icmler and on the Olu forum you will get Olu.

Olu is quite a bit smaller than Icmeler.

Personally I find Icmeler just a nice size which gives you more than enough choice of things to do places to go

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,834 posts
162 reviews
5. Re: olu deniz or icmeler ?

We have been to both,and really like both of them,I would be happy to go to either,all though its Icmeler again for us this year..Icmeler is bigger than Olu and more spread out and has more in the way of bars,restaurants and shops.also has much more holiday accommodation than Oludeniz although you do have Hisaronu a few mins up the hill from Oludeniz with lots more shops,bars and restaraunts and a bigger choice of accomodation,I would definitely say try Oludeniz for yourself..

Enjoy whichever you choose.

Wendy

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
20 reviews
6. Re: olu deniz or icmeler ?

Like others have said they are both lovely places,we have been to both can't really split them,Icmeler is a lot bigger so you have much more to look around on your evening walk ,were going to Icmeler this year because our accomadation that we have chosen was a very good price.Any comparisons drawn between Icmeler and Blackpool are nonsense,certain parts of Marmaris at night maybe,but Marmaris around the marina during the day and early evening is, in our opinion really nice.The water taxi from Icmeler to Turunc or Marmaris is one of our favourites,if only Icmeler was as close to Olu as it is to Marmaris ,this would be our heaven on earth.One big difference is the sea temperature Olu is a lot warmer.

leevi

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,780 posts
18 reviews
7. Re: olu deniz or icmeler ?

If you like the beach then the one at Olu Deniz is quite spectacular. However Olu Deniz is smaller than icmeler and as we are not beach lovers we found it a bit limited and did not have the range or quality of restaurants you get in Icmeler. However a nice place which we thought was a bit like Turunc or Akyaka and if you like the beach then I'm sure you would enjoy it.

Lincs, England
Level Contributor
88 posts
26 reviews
8. Re: olu deniz or icmeler ?

I've only been to Olu, last October which was the last week of the season. It was our first time in Turkey. I personally thought olu was like Blackpool, neon lights, shop after shop of fake tat, loud music pumping from bars and half naked bar staff dancing on the bar!

I thought I'd give it a try as I gound s bargain, but I'm definitely a Greek Islands girl, where I'll be returning to this summer.

I know it will go against the grain in here, but just my opinion. We all look for different things on holiday, and I'm quite boring!

Edited: 22 February 2015, 14:53
9. Re: olu deniz or icmeler ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2016, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations