We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canal

united kingdom
Level Contributor
179 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Canal

hi can anybody tell me if the canal is still really loud ? We visited 2 year ago with children and found it very loud and busy U couldn't speak because nobody could hear you the music was so loud it was ridiculous.

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canal

There was a crackdown by the mayor last year on unlicensed premises. This included the ones down the canal which did not have the correct entertainment licences. We were there in May and thought it was excellent and more like it used to be. It's fair to say however that this did not suit everyone as there was subsequently a lot of comments on the forum during the course of the season from visitors who felt the place was too quiet. As far as I'm aware this crackdown is continuing with some places already demolished as they had previously been put up illegally.

Edited: 16 February 2015, 01:49
Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,080 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canal

Yes, as Iain says, the canal area is definitely a lot quieter than it used to be and I don't see that changing for this season either.

northwich
Level Contributor
278 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Canal

For what its worth my opinion is the area is now to quiet and I don't mean in noise terms, When the markets were there it was vibrant at night now its dead, not the mayors finest moment clearing the canal stalls.

Just seen a new video from Peli on the walkway and the more I see it the more I think what a waste of time and money.

Oh well will be able to make my own mind up soon.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
179 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Canal

Hi how do I see the video of the walkway

Ramsey, United...
Level Contributor
495 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Canal

I have sent you a personal message.

6. Re: Canal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2016, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations