We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

icmelar august 2015

kettering
Level Contributor
59 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
icmelar august 2015

been looking at apartments and finally got down to two.....kapmar and Private...........we are a couple in our mid 50s that like a drink and to be entertained, we like to go out and about and use our apartments as a base. Which one to choose??? Any help please....

edinburgh, scotland
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
4,978 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: icmelar august 2015

Both are reasonably central and convenient for everything - Private just off the canal, Kapmar just off the main square. Out of the two, I'd opt for the Kapmar myself. Had friends who stayed at the Private a couple of years ago and weren't particularly impressed.

Mentioned in this post
Kapmar Hotel
Kapmar Hotel
607 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
kettering
Level Contributor
59 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: icmelar august 2015

thank you

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,822 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: icmelar august 2015

We had a fab holiday at the Kapmar last year,but its not an apartment,and neither is the Private,you only get an hotel room,we were on a B/B basis at the Kapmar..

Wendy

Mentioned in this post
Kapmar Hotel
Kapmar Hotel
607 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
kettering
Level Contributor
59 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: icmelar august 2015

Thank you, going to book it later,

Essex
Level Contributor
341 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: icmelar august 2015

I haven't personally stayed at either. But if I had to choose then I would pick the Kapmar, lovely location. If I was 30 years younger then would prob choose the Private.

Mentioned in this post
Kapmar Hotel
Kapmar Hotel
607 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
lincolnshire
Level Contributor
416 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: icmelar august 2015

Hi we have stayed at both and to be honest there's not a lot to chose between them. Private is close to canal and Irish bar, so some noise at night. Kapmar close to new square if at front of hotel get noise from traffic, if at back noise from bars. The noise does not bother us we are a couple in late fifties, and would happily return to either hotel. Both are central for everything. As has been said they are hotels not apartments. When we stayed at the private we were lucky enough to get a large corner room, which did have a fridge. No fridge at the kapmar. I would choose whichever is best for price. You will be fine in either.

Edited: 01 February 2015, 22:42
Mentioned in this post
Kapmar Hotel
Kapmar Hotel
607 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
kettering
Level Contributor
59 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: icmelar august 2015

thank you

Greenock, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: icmelar august 2015

Looking for updates on aqua hotel and promanade

9. Re: icmelar august 2015

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 February 2015, 14:35
edinburgh, scotland
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
4,978 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: icmelar august 2015

Not much more to be said than what is on this thread already, to be honest - there has been some quite considerable work going on along the beachfront which has affected several of the hotels there, most notably the Aqua and Marti la Perla, and their swimming pools areas in particular. If you are on Facebook, check out the various Icmeler groups there and you will see photos of the work.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Aqua
Hotel Aqua
2,623 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler