We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walk to or from Turunc

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Walk to or from Turunc

Has anyone attempted a walk to or from Turunc? If so is it a decent pathway rather than following the road. Apart from the views which will be staggering is there any other local things to see en route?

FALKIRK
Destination Expert
for Marmaris, Armutalan
Level Contributor
18,225 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walk to or from Turunc

Hi barry this page should help you a bit myturunc.com/scrapbook/…icmelerwalk.html

Stevie

FALKIRK
Destination Expert
for Marmaris, Armutalan
Level Contributor
18,225 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walk to or from Turunc

I have never done the walk my self but this is also a reply i have found i just copied and pasted it.

I walked from ıçmeler to Turunç over the mountain this morning, 1st October 2013, and loved every minute of it. I am a lady of 55 years of age and I am not an experienced walker at all, in fact I don't normally do walking full stop! We set off at 8:30 and arrived in Turınç at 11:45, We had taken our time and had stopped off at various points up the mountain to take photographs of the wonderful views. The weather was perfect, overcast with a little rain and a lovely breeze. I would recommend this walk to anyone but be sure to wear sensible walking shoes or trainers and take water with you. I took 1 litre and did not drink it all but obviously if it had been warmer I would have drunk much more water. I would definitely do it again but I would not attempt it in June, July, August or early September due to the temperature. I would love to walk there AND back so that is now the goal I am setting myself.

Stevie

Edited: 28 January 2015, 21:14
Glasgow
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Walk to or from Turunc

Tried it last year you have follow the road all the way to the top which is quite scary as the cars and motorcycles come pretty close to you but when you get pver the top there is a small path to turunc it took us about two and a half hours but we stopped at the top and had a drink at a little cafe bar amd admired the view

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walk to or from Turunc

thanks guys. we go in august so not sure its best idea. Did the flag walk last year and enjoyed it (apart from the cuts) and fancied something a little different

5. Re: Walk to or from Turunc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2016, 11:47
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations