We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Castle Apartments

Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Castle Apartments

Hi all,

We are looking to book up for July this year, we were booked into the Bal apartments last year and we absolutely loved it however, we have a 9 year old daughter and and she was the only child in the apartments, even during the school holidays.

My questions at this time is? would anybody know if the Castle apartments are frequented by families, I know that we could look at the Babadan or moonlight but we do have a budget and the Castle apartments are an extremely good price at the minute.

I would be grateful for any information offered.

Thanks

D

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
402 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Castle Apartments

There seem to be lots of returning people to the castle apartments,what put us off is things like lots of late night partying and loud music,hose pipes filling the pool up in the days,and a few people say when there are kids there playing with water pistols the owner would shout at them, so no there is a reason why they are cheap as we origanaly booked with them but we cancelled and booked sahin palace hope this helps you

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,089 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Castle Apartments

I have stayed at the Cstle on 5 occasions and do like them. They are fairly quiet apartments when we go in May/June and at that time not a lot of families. They are a bit out of the way however they are only 3 minutes or so from the BAL apartments

Anytime I have been there has been no loud music, the owners are very helpful and friendly. There are 2 swimming pools as well as a toddlers paddling pool. The water however is 1.5 metres deep all round. They are usually well priced and great value.

They are basic but clean, the food is very good and again well priced. No pressure at all from the owners to eat there at all. I have never known the owners to shout at anybody.

One review did comment on the owner shouting at kids, that may well have happened , I suppose it could be if the kids were out of control and annoying other guests, the owner may have shouted.

In the pictures that are posted at the apartments there are photos of families so they certainly do go there. What may put some people off is the location, being about a 15 minute walk into town

Babadan and Monnlight are certainly better apartments but then that will be reflected in the price you pay. I beleive that both of these apartments also have water slides which your daughter would probably enjoy.

If you want any other info on the Castle please ask away

Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Castle Apartments

I can get the reason that the owner may be annoyed with water pistols around the pool, if anybody slips then he would be in a dab of trouble. I like where the apartments are situated, The Bal were just across the road, we quite liked the walk in and out of the center.

I may just take the risk again and cross my fingers that there will be other children to entertain my daughter.

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,089 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Castle Apartments

Ozgur the owner is very good with children, one the few occasions that there have been some staying there. he also has a young daughter of his own who comes to the apartments sometimes, so is definetley used to children.

This is a family run complex only about 22 rooms so at night it is fairly quiet no rowdiness. During the later summer months there will be a turkish night, quiz nights, etc.

Around the pool during the day there is some music played however it is just background noise certainly no loud blaring music. Usually plenty of sunbeds to go round.

As it is up a slight hill, if you get a room at the front, the views across Icmeler are lovely

Like I said I can only comment on how I find the apartments in May June time. have a look through the other reviews and see if any others have commented on children

5. Re: Castle Apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2016, 11:46
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler