We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New to icmeler

Larbert, Scotland
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
New to icmeler

First time to Icmeler. Staying at Grand Aquarium in August but considered Tokmak before booking - Right choice? Noted a few remarks on here about sunbeds at hotel, should I be worried? Any other tips for an enjoyable stay? What is the beach protocol - can i hire sun beds or do i need to buy drinks from a bar. Also arriving around midnight - whats open nearby at that time?

yorkshire
Level Contributor
12,483 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New to icmeler

hi camelon, what month are you going? most places will be still be open at 12 and alot of them still serving meals too... as for the beach yes the sunbeds are free and you purchase food/drinks from the cafes behind them, the waiters will come onto the beach section to take your orders. there is a section where you can pay for a lounger and not purchase any food/drinks and also a section where you can just put your towel down and not pay at all. i find it easier to go near coco-beach and Erdem cafe section and purchase from them, the food at both is great and reasonable. matt

FALKIRK
Destination Expert
for Marmaris, Armutalan
Level Contributor
18,206 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New to icmeler

Hi Camel0n lol your right next to me in Larbert 1 of my friends stayed at your hotel this September i'll ask her to help you with any questions you have for Grand Aquarium.

This is Debbies review tripadvisor.co.uk/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

Stevie

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New to icmeler

Loads of demolition work going on in icmeler at the moment especially in relation to hotels and restaurants on the beach front so we don't know what the protocol will be for next year. Erdem cafe hadn't been on promenade since 2013 it moved in the summer

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,146 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New to icmeler

I would echo Sue's comments - there are a lot of major changes going on down at the beachfront at the moment, and no-one really knows what the situation is going to be for next season yet. It looks as if some of the beachfront cafes may not be there next year, so the usual protocol of "free" sunbeds where you pay for your drinks and food might well change. We will keep you all posted as soon as we hear what is going on...

Essex UK
Level Contributor
166 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New to icmeler

Hi Camelon, we went to Grand Aquarium in September. We loved it. Very very clean . The apartments were lovely & had everything you need including a microwave . To be honest we ate out all the time so only used the kettle & fridge. We had twin beds but found them comfy. The sofa chairs on the living area we have been told are uncomfortable but Saliye the day manager told us they were going to put beds in the lounge wall! The pool area is spotless but yes they did start laying towels on them at silly o clock but we always managed to get them. The staff are lovely and no hassle at all. We ate in the restaurant a few times & the food was fantastic & great value. There is a no cash policy at hotel . You get a wristband & you put money on as & when you want & any money remaining on there is refunded. There is a small shop on site. which was reasonably priced & you can use your wristband in there as well. The hotel is set quite a way back in the old village with a supermarket & Tommys bar/restaurant just over the road & can recommend both. The dolmus stops outside Tommys and costs 2 lira into town or you can walk about 10 mins to main shops etc & another 10 to beach. If you have kids the hotel have entertainment team . Hope this helps. The tokmak I believe is up a hill but meant to be lovely too.

Larbert, Scotland
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: New to icmeler

Thanks for all your prompt responses and for your review doughnut, looking forward to it. Do you have to wear the wristband like an all inclusive band or can it be removed.? Will keep checking the site for updates on the beach situation. MattandKaren - going in August - wife loves the sun. Steviedebz - greetings from Larbert and thanks for the info.

FALKIRK
Destination Expert
for Marmaris, Armutalan
Level Contributor
18,206 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New to icmeler

Greetings from an Ex Larbert high pupil born and bread Stenhousmuir now in NCV just down the road lol small world.

August along with July is the busiest months so with the hotel being full you might have a problem with your sunbeds and its also the hottest month temps well into high 30s into 40s so you better like the sun as well lol or youl be spending plenty time in the bar :))

Have a great holiday a'm sure yous will love the hotel

Stevie

Essex UK
Level Contributor
166 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New to icmeler

Hi the wristbands are like a Velcro watch and can be removed anytime. They're not at all like the paper type all inclusive bands. You can leave them in the safe if you are going out of the hotel. I'm sure you will love it x

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,088 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New to icmeler

Hope you have a good time when you go, you will love it. As Steve said earlier , when you are going will be extremley hot, so please take care. temps are regularly in the 40's, so plenty of sun cream, high factor and lots of water

Your apartments are about a 20 minute stroll to town, You should be able to get something to drink at hotel when you are arrive, they may also be able to do a snack for you.

have a look at the right side of the page for the top questions. Whilst some things will change lots will stay the same and there is plenty of great advice there

Larbert, Scotland
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: New to icmeler

Stevie - thanks option B sounds better and it is a small world after all!. Doughnut glad to hear won't have to wear the bracelet for the duration. SMC thanks for the info will read up on the advice.

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler