We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight prices

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Flight prices

For those who have booked for 2015 (particularly during school holidays) what do people consider a good price for return flights. Best I can get for August is £320 each(incl baggage) but means only 12 days rather than 14 and then travelling from Edinburgh, returning to Newcastle. Last year we paid £70 less than this which doesn't sound a lot but x 4 is nearly £300. I like to book early so I can get the accommodation I prefer but I don't think there's a lot of value for money out there at the moment. Just wondered if we were getting a raw deal up north :)

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight prices

Hi, it is not regional, I want to fly from Bournemouth next July to Dalaman. The price is coming out at £745.96 for two, twenty kilos hold luggage each, five kilos hand luggage. We also like extra legroom which would be £120 for the two of us. Thats £865.96, before we have even got there! Gatwick flights would be cheaper, but then you have to factor in fuel and parking, and a hundred minute journey both ways, there is not a huge difference. I want Ryanair to start flying to Dalaman instead of Thomson!

Sheffield
Destination Expert
for Ovacik, Hisaronu
Level Contributor
2,360 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight prices

Spursboy26. Have you ever flown with Ryan Air?? Think I would rather walk than fly with that outfit. LOL.

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
402 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight prices

We booked with t/c and from Bristol to dalaman with extra legroom for two both ways and 20kilos each and came to just under £600

If we wanted to go from Cardiff it was a extra £140

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight prices

Sounds like £320 isnt too bad even if we have to ravel to Ediburgh. Its the shorter holiday im not keen on. 11 nights isnt ideal

FALKIRK
Destination Expert
for Marmaris, Armutalan
Level Contributor
18,227 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight prices

Barry have you looked into midweek prices we find in Scotland the Monday and Thursday flights are alot cheaper.

Stevie

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight prices

Unfortunately we are sort of stuck with weekend departure at the moment. Come the new year we might be able to be more flexible but by then the cheaper flights may be gone. Dont know whether to stick or twist????

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
775 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight prices

I always book in January, mainly because I can't afford to book before Christmas however the last couple of years I've got a decent price with TC.

I think if its the flight date and times that are the most important factor I would book it soon & then you know you are booked.

FALKIRK
Destination Expert
for Marmaris, Armutalan
Level Contributor
18,227 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flight prices

Thats a shame barry we are lucky just the 2 of us so not tied to School hols infact i always go outside them and it works out alot cheaper for us to fly on the Monday.

weekends most popular because of peoples work but thats exactly why they are so expensive.

Stevie

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
9,263 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flight prices

I always find the cheapest flights from Newcastle to Dalaman are on a Monday or Thursday

Cheapest back to Newcastle from Dalaman is a flight very early in the morning on a Tuesday

That's with Thomas Cook Airlines

Alan

Edited: 24 October 2014, 22:00
Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,093 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flight prices

Not sure who you are flying with but Easyjet fly from Edinburgh on a Saturday. The best time to book flights with tour operators is the 2/3 weeks just prior to Christmas, when flight prices do tend to drop. If you can wait it also tends to be a little cheaper about 12 weeks before you fly.

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations