We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timer review 26/09/14 - 10/10/14

Alva, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Topic
First timer review 26/09/14 - 10/10/14

We flew with Thomas Cook from Glasgow and the flight and transfer from Dalaman went well with no delays . First impression of icmeler was wow , absolutely beautiful . Being our first time in Turkey we didn't know what to expect but now know that the people are very friendly and warm , nothing was too much trouble for them . We stayed in the Alvaro apartments and were delighted with them as they are clean , perfectly situated and the staff are brilliant especially Eddie and Erkan . We booked a jeep safari , quad safari , Aqua Dream waterpark , go karting , Talk of the Town show and a fantastic boat trip on the Panorama Princess . All of these were great value and very good fun ,my 12 year old particularly loved the jeep safari as seeing his mum soking wet and muddy made his day...lol . We ate out every night and although our own favourite restaurant was Chef others we liked were Bamboo , Rush , Florida , Amor , Majestic , Richards place , Broadway , Bonjour , Vinces and Love Boat all excellent . Floridas full Scottish or English breakfasts deserve a special mention as they are the best i have ever had anywhere and at 5tl a bargain . I also had the pleasure of discovering cafe Annes and their to die for cakes , amazing . We were also very pleasantly surprised by the entertainment as we had read on this forum that the mayor had put a stop to a lot of the dancing etc . A highlight was in the Irish bar where a waiter danced/ climbed up a tree with a tray full of drinks balancng on his head . To sum up we had a fabulous family holiday in a beautiful resort , made lots of new friends and ate far too much good food and now can see why everyone raves about this place . Roll on 2015 for a repeat .

FALKIRK
Destination Expert
for Marmaris, Armutalan
Level Contributor
18,220 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First timer review 26/09/14 - 10/10/14

Fantastic review Gordybhoy1968 jeep safari is 1 of our fav's its great value for money and also lets you see some of the countryside.

We also done the Go-carts this year what track did yous go to ?

5tl for a Scottish breakfast is incredible

Stevie

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
402 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First timer review 26/09/14 - 10/10/14

Great review that looks like you got the icmeler bug naw lol glad to hear everyone had a goos time

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First timer review 26/09/14 - 10/10/14

Fantastic review you mentioned two of my favourite places. Florida and café Anne's. Stevie introduced me to Scottish brekkie last year and florida didn't disappoint

yorkshire
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First timer review 26/09/14 - 10/10/14

Fantastic review gordy. Welcome home. Matt

FALKIRK
Destination Expert
for Marmaris, Armutalan
Level Contributor
18,220 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First timer review 26/09/14 - 10/10/14

You canny beat them Sue i might even treat you to 1 next year :))

Stevie

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First timer review 26/09/14 - 10/10/14

At the florida of course :)

FALKIRK
Destination Expert
for Marmaris, Armutalan
Level Contributor
18,220 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First timer review 26/09/14 - 10/10/14

Defo at 5tl you can have 2 lol a bet the tea is about 10tl lol

Stevie

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First timer review 26/09/14 - 10/10/14

I struggled to eat one then didn't eat until the next day lol

Alva, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: First timer review 26/09/14 - 10/10/14

Hi STEVIEDEBZ we went to the track next to Aqua Dream waterpark , we didn't know there was another one . Where is the other one about ?

Alva, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: First timer review 26/09/14 - 10/10/14

Thanks for all of your nice comments this forum was a great help to me before we visited icmeler . I actually took notes wherever we went so i could do a review when we got home , so much so that my sons were telling everyone that i was a " trip advisor policeman " . A few of the waiters actually started shouting this out to me when we were passing ....lol .

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations