We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sea star hotel

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
21 reviews
sea star hotel

Myself and my husband are staying at the sea star hotel for 2 weeks in October and I am getting increasingly worried about the quality of the food after reading a lot of negative reviews. I did email the hotel and they explained they are trying to resolve the issues but the reviews do not reflect that.

Thomas cook have said we can change hotels so I am looking at the E'toile.

Any advice would b appreciated.

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
776 posts
40 reviews
1. Re: sea star hotel

IMO thoughts on food can be vary from person to person & I would have to experience it for myself - take the TA reviews with a pinch of salt.

One of the issues regarding Turkey as an AI destination is that people do not know what to expect when ti comes to food. There will be a lot of chicken & there may not be much in terms of variety.

I haven't stayed at the Sea Star or E'toile but I'm sure somebody who has will be along shortly to comment.

I hope you enjoy your holiday whichever hotel you decide.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,223 posts
214 reviews
2. Re: sea star hotel

Given how much more they're charging, I would have thought the Seastar would have much better food than L'Etoile. I've read mixed reviews about the food at the latter anyway.

norwich
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: sea star hotel

I've looked round the Seastar and stayed at L'Etoile and of the two I would choose Seastar.Maybe a few teething problems earlier in the season but probably sorted by now,as already mentioned the prices are higher at Seastar so I would assume a better hotel,it is also,as far as I know, not available for families with young children,a bonus if you prefer a more chilled holiday.

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
230 posts
36 reviews
4. Re: sea star hotel

We walked past it while going along the front to go to Marmaris and it certainly looked lovely.

A couple had came to our apartments we were staying at for a drink and said that they had been staying there. I asked how they found it and they did also say, they weren't too happy with the food. It was very much the same each day with not much selection. They however, didn't find that to be the biggest problem - they found the fact the bar area seemed to "close" at around 6pm/7pm was more off putting as there was no atmosphere or even music after this time.

Now, please take that with a pinch of salt as it wasn't myself who stayed there and everyone's different - maybe you would quite like it to be quiet anyway. But when I saw this topic, I thought I would say what I had heard if you are in a position to still change if you wanted to.

In saying all that, like I said, it did look gorgeous and the couple did say that it was immaculately clean and the rooms were fantastic. The only things letting it down was the food and the lack of atmosphere.

Maybe it's just one of these things you have to try yourself and make your own mind up.

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,106 posts
46 reviews
5. Re: sea star hotel

I have passed both hotels and the Sea star to be fair certainly looked the better of the 2 hotels. L'Etoile has been there for years whereas the Sea Star is a hotel new for this season.

L'Etoile has also numerous comments about the food.

We went AI 2 years ago and I was worried about the food after having read the TA reviews. When we got there the food was OK, if a little repetitive. Most AI will have chicken dishes in several styles each day, there will be pasta dishes and plenty of salads

best thing is go with an open mind and enjoy your holiday. If for any reason the food is not that great, you have a great choice of restaurants in town, and the majority are great value

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
21 reviews
6. Re: sea star hotel

Thank you all for your comments. I am probably worrying too much and hopefully it won't be as bad as i am expecting it to be

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
133 posts
60 reviews
7. Re: sea star hotel

We're going there on 18th October for 10 days and, yes, I've seen the reviews about the food. but I'll make my decision once we're there and tried it and not before. If it's as bad as everybody says it is, and past experience of some reviews tells me it probably wont be, then I guess we'll be eating out. Either way it wont be getting in the way of a well deserved break.

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
21 reviews
8. Re: sea star hotel

Baz657. We are going on the 9th so I may be able to give my views on the food once iv tried it. Im looking forward to my first visit to turkey & will probably eat out a couple of times anyway to experience the local cuisine

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
21 reviews
9. Re: sea star hotel

Baz657. We are going on the 9th so I may be able to give my views on the food once iv tried it. Im looking forward to my first visit to turkey & will probably eat out a couple of times anyway to experience the local cuisine

Edited: 03 October 2014, 22:20
Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
133 posts
60 reviews
10. Re: sea star hotel

The hotel, the staff and the food all deserve far better reviews then they have been getting recently.

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations