We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Review

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
26 reviews
Holiday Review

Hi all,

We stayed at Arya Apartments from 6th -20th September and they were fantastic, made to feel really welcome from Arihan,Pinar, Geroge and Ozzie. We would definitely stay here again.

As for meals we ate at Alins Grill(who were amazing, it was my partners birthday and I emailed in advance, they decorated the table and had roses etc), Meryem Yemek Evi, Tin Tins, Taj Mahal, Tommys, Wayside, Majestic, Hanedans, Cafe Annes.

The best meals I had were Tommy's and Hanedans.

We did a Jeep Safari which was brilliant, the walk to Marmaris is also good.

On the negative side the locals seemed to be a wee bit more forward, some silly comments from them.

Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
694 posts
64 reviews
1. Re: Holiday Review

Thanks for taking the time to write your review and good to hear you had an enjoyable holiday and your accommodation was really good.

CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
7,126 posts
104 reviews
2. Re: Holiday Review

We have stayed at the Arya twice,lovely apartments,nice family and staff,prices for there have gone up so much for there now, so out of our budget sadly.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
12,521 posts
53 reviews
3. Re: Holiday Review

welcome home stephen, glad you enjoyed it overall.... unfortunate you witnessed some silly comments it does happen now and again but by your review it didnt spoil your holiday overall. matt

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
230 posts
36 reviews
4. Re: Holiday Review

Just to add to Stephen's review - we also went to Turnuc on the Monday for the market which was lovely - love Turunc and we got a taxi with another British couple waiting for the Dolmus for 10 lira each one way which wasn't bad then got the Dolmus back.

As well as the jeep safari we also went to Atlantis Waterpark in Marmaris which was still a good way to break up a day, however they really should fix all the broken tiles and walkways properly. Covering them with the green felt is not a solution and I hurt myself on this near the sunbeds.

My favourite meal was the Wayside this year and I had the chicken fajitas which were wonderful. Tommy's was also very good and again a very special mention to Alin's Grill who did a great job surprising me on my birthday. The staff could not have been any nicer or done any more for us. Excellent.

Disappointed with Bar Ex this year, the drinks were nothing like they were in previous years and put us back returning there which was a real shame as we really liked going there. I also found Friends across from Loveboat trying to "hassle you" to go in for a drink each night which they had never done previously. I don't know whether this was because it was definitely quieter this year so they were having to fight more for people's custom, I'm not sure. We still like the bar though and continued to go in.

Like Stephen said, for me, the biggest annoyance/disappointment, was the continuous hassle I got to the point where I felt like I couldn't walk anywhere on my own, day or night, as I knew I would get a lot of hassle. Even when we were out in a couple, I was getting comments and shouted on and it didn't even matter that Stephen was beside me. Completely unacceptable behaviour and a real shame as it gives the vast majority of people a bad name which isn't fair. That needs to get nipped in the bud pronto!

Other than that, another lovely holiday and although it was a lot quieter, there was still entertainment (Majestic - excellent shows I must admit).

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
46 reviews
5. Re: Holiday Review

Glad you had a good holiday overall. Its a shame about the hassle as it can be a pain and no doubt it will put some people off. We normally go in May and the hassle is almost non existant. Maybe its because its getting near the end of season but that is still no excuse for abuse

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
230 posts
36 reviews
6. Re: Holiday Review

Was a real shame Smc and don't get me wrong it was only on a handful of occasions, but a handful too many for my liking. Never happened the past 2 years so the only thing I can think of could be because it was near end of season and past caring what they said. Either that or they are very brave saying it to someone who's partner is 6ft3 lol. Wouldn't put me off going back nor should anyone else be put off as its not everyone and again, first time in the last 3 years. But still very disappointing.

On a positive note though, the apartments were excellent as was the local medical clinic which was immaculate with a fantastic doctor in it.

Edited: 23 September 2014, 23:32
7. Re: Holiday Review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2015, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations