We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time to icmeler (babadan apartment)

Level Contributor
104 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
first time to icmeler (babadan apartment)

Flew from Birmingham no problems at all. I will be paying for extra leg room though next time. In dalaman no problems again. We was not asked for our visas. So I assume the computer system new we had them?

Dalaman seemed very expensive though. 2 red bulls and crisps with chewing gum. Was 46 tl . WOW. As it was late at night we didn't stop so we made it in good time. Arrived at babadan apartment and was taken to attic room 40. The apartment was simple CLEAN and all we needed . The supermarket outside was great. Best supermarket. The barbers outside was great I had a shave face scrub the whole works. While my girlfriend had her feet and eyebrows done. We had heard that april did the best excursions so went straight to him. Not very happy. He sold us the "midnight cruise" with a meal. .. this was a rave we hated it. So complained and got a turkish bath on the house. We also booked jeep safari. Amazing. Not long enough stop at the waterfall though.. great day however. We also did a boat trip. Which turned out to be captain bul**hits boat.. (I'll book with him for all trips next time) we did the aqua dream water park. Brilliant not busy and no queues. .. the turkish night at babadanis a must 30tl for an adult well worth it. Romance had great food as did henandans . We had a great breakfast at meryam . However it was spoilt by a comment by the waiter of a tip I made.. really did offend me . I really would stay at babadan again. And we'd love to book icmeler again. .. I will be avoiding april though. And I think the time of year was perfect for me aswel . Sun wise it was mid to late thirties .. I hope I've covered everything. I could go on an on. Any questions or comments feel free.. haggle haggle haggle..I loved our week xxxxx

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,829 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time to icmeler (babadan apartment)

Great review,thanks for sharing with us,and glad you had a fab holiday for your first time in Icmeler...

Wendy

Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
694 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first time to icmeler (babadan apartment)

Thanks for taking the time to write this informative review. It is always good when people give negative as well as positive feedback. Glad you enjoyed your first visit to Icmeler and it is always good to hear the experience of a "newbie".

yorkshire
Level Contributor
12,486 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first time to icmeler (babadan apartment)

great review aaron. we stayed there in june and found the attic rooms huge. the breakfast at babadan itself were pretty good too and the lunches. we used that supermarket most days and they were very friendly, they were also giving pretty much the best rate of exchange too. we used to end up at three bells across the way at the end of the night, found the lads in there a good laugh. never bothered with the midnight cruises, usually just money-making boats on a night, also the free turkish baths we never accept either as they arnt usually any good./ if your looking for a decent turkish bath ask the trip agency for Emre Hotel baths, usually about £10 but you get the works and free pick up and drop off.matt

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,093 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first time to icmeler (babadan apartment)

Thanks for taking the time to post your review. Its good that you have posted your thoughts, positive and negative, it may help others make an informed decision. I have not used April travel for booking trips but any people I know have used them, speak very highly of them. That the joy of this forum you can post your own thoughts and not have people abuse you. I also love the BEST supermarket.

Dalaman is ridiculously expensive and I and many others refuse to buy anything there

Glad you enjoyed Icmeler

Level Contributor
104 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first time to icmeler (babadan apartment)

Thanks people's. I two only heard good reviews about april travel which is why we booked with them. Well we have just watched the dvd that we bought from the jeep safari for 60 tl and its great xx so happy we bought it. . And refrence our turkish bath it was a freebe as we complained to april about the midnight cruise. . I don't want to give april a bad name. They were great in dealing with us and did give us a freebe.. we're already lookin at next years prices for booking again xxxx

North west
Level Contributor
519 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: first time to icmeler (babadan apartment)

Great review ......sounds like you are on your way to becoming one of the Icmelar regulars. Ive been home 2 weeks and so wishing I could go back again this year (but not to be)

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: first time to icmeler (babadan apartment)

Enjoyable read. Must say though that there are two April tours in icmeler not related at all so don't get confused between the two

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,778 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: first time to icmeler (babadan apartment)

Thanks for the review. Good to get the good and the bad. As Sue says, there are two April Tour shops, one in the square and one along from Tansas. Which one was it. Also what was the problem about the tip at Meryem Yemek Evi. I would be annoyed by any comment about a tip I left.

9. Re: first time to icmeler (babadan apartment)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2015, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations