We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Babadan Apartments for a week from 20th October

Greenhithe, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Babadan Apartments for a week from 20th October

Hi there. My son's school has a two-week break in October this year, so my wife, he and I have booked to go to Icmeler during the first week. We're off to the Babadan Apartments to one week from 20th October (I.e. the week BEFORE the usual half term holiday). We got a remarkable deal with Thomson and we're really looking forward to it.

We've been to Turkey several times before, though never to Icmeler and never in October. I know the temps will be low 20s, cool at night with some rain and that's fine. Also that some places will be closing down. But I've seen a couple of posts saying that some places drain their pools before the end of October. I really hope that won't be the case at Babadan as there was no alert on the Thomson website mentioning that (although there was one saying the kids club would be closed, which is not a problem). I wonder if anyone who has been at that time of year can reassure me about the Babadan pool situation at that time of year.

Beyond that, anrecommendations on places to go, eat etc. near these apartments would be very welcome. Thanks.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,160 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Babadan Apartments for a week from 20th October

For lovely Turkish food, you've got Hanedan just down the road from the Babadan and Meryem Yemek Evi on the other side. Loads of places within a few minutes' walk though, including the Three Bells, LoveStar, Wembley Bar, Harry Rams, Pizza Timo, Romance...

Greenhithe, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Babadan Apartments for a week from 20th October

Thank you Blondiescot . Any thoughts on my slightly nervy question about the pools still being available when we're going please?

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,160 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Babadan Apartments for a week from 20th October

All I can say is that we have been to Icmeler several times in October and the pools have always still be available in the hotels or apartments we've stayed at.

Greenhithe, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Babadan Apartments for a week from 20th October

Ah that's great. Many thanks.

Greenhithe, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Babadan Apartments for a week from 20th October

Ah that's great. Many thanks.

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,778 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Babadan Apartments for a week from 20th October

I agree with blondiescot. I've been a few times in October and the pools have been available. The place will be running down although you should be able to get bargains as traders get rid of their remaining stock.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
12,488 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Babadan Apartments for a week from 20th October

hi dunder they also have a facebook page where the staff log in each day, might be worth asking on there for a definate answer.matt

https://www.facebook.com/groups/38491164469/…

Tyne and Wear
Level Contributor
617 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Babadan Apartments for a week from 20th October

Been to the Babadan Apartments in October time a few years ago and the pool was definitely open and people were lying around sun-bathing as the weather was hot when the sun was shining.

Level Contributor
104 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Babadan Apartments for a week from 20th October

I have just come back from babadan apartment today. Great clean very simple apartments. I'll be writing a TripAdvisor post soon ..

10. Re: Babadan Apartments for a week from 20th October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2015, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations