We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thinking of icelemer

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
thinking of icelemer

H

Me.the wife and our son(11) have just returned from Oludenize...and what a great holiday we had and it was our 1st time to Turkey

Now we are thinking of booking again next year,but we are thinking of Icelemer.

Now heres the predicament.......

We went all Inclusive at Oludenize,and to be honest as nice as it was,we felt we missed out on the great eating places that were there.

So we were thinking of going Bed/Breakkfast.Also my son loves Nightly entertainment ,,,loves to get involved,and also to mix with kids hes own age.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to Hotels/Apartments.cos most Apartments we are looking at seem very Quiet/small with no Nightly Entertainment.

Not that I like it too noisy.

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
All-inclusive hotels in Icmeler
Hotel Aqua
Hotel Aqua
#2 of 78 hotels in Icmeler
SENTIDO Sea Star
SENTIDO Sea Star
#4 of 78 hotels in Icmeler
Elite World Marmaris Hotel
Elite World Marmaris Hotel
#10 of 78 hotels in Icmeler
yorkshire
Level Contributor
12,294 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: thinking of icelemer

I have a friend with 3 kids who swears by ekinci palace. He goes every year.matt

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,819 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: thinking of icelemer

A friend of mine her daughter and family stayed in the Palm Gardens in August and loved it,and booked again for next year,never stayed there myself though,as we are a couple,so don't mind quieter places,but its worth taking a look at..

Wendy

edinburgh, scotland
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
4,969 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: thinking of icelemer

Seen a couple of bad reviews about the Ekinci Palace just the past couple of weeks - people complaining about hassle to eat there all the time and the place being dirty with cockroaches, etc. Must say it surprised me because I know people who've stayed there in the past and enjoyed it...

Sun Village, right next to the Ekinci, is a lovely little complex - spotlessly clean and lovely friendly family-run place with no hassle.

Mentioned in this post
Ekinci Palace
Ekinci Palace
496 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,774 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: thinking of icelemer

You will find Icmeler is a lot bigger than Olu Deniz with a wide selection of bars and restaurants to suit every taste. Although bigger it is a well laid out resort with plenty of interesting areas.

Personally I prefer to go self catering in an apartment as it is relatively cheap to eat out. As you have an 11 year old have a look at the Babadan Apartments which are popular with families although there are plenty of places which would be suitable.

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Babadan Hotel & Apartments
Babadan Hotel...
386 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
orwich
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: thinking of icelemer

Hi domt waste your money on ekinci we just returnef from there dirty smelly as iaim said babadan good moonlight apts brill sun village blondie & sue recormend

scotland
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: thinking of icelemer

Palm garden are great, basic but clean and very friendly. Slides, entertainment and very central for resort itself.

Happy choosing:)

Mentioned in this post
Palm Garden Apartments
Palm Garden Apartments
583 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: thinking of icelemer

One of the possible issues may be with entertainment as such in the apartments. Most apartments will have a turkish night and others will have limited entertainment, maybe a quiz night, bingo or similar. iain has suggested some excellent apartments, babadan, and moonlight which are family orientated. babadan also has a water slide which your son may enjoy, most adults also enjoy this. icmeler is a larger resort and plenty of entertainment on in he bars and restaurants. Lots of great restaurants and generally great value to eat out

8. Re: thinking of icelemer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2015, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations