We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What has happened to icmeler?

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
417 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
What has happened to icmeler?

Here at the moment and enjoying the holiday but resort very quiet.Whilst we had seen enough of the dancing waiters over the years I'm not sure these changes by the mayor are for the better. Apple pie man has gone, ice cream sales near Prince apartments have gone . Not the resort we fell in love with all those years ago.

Grand Aquarium
Grand Aquarium
#14 of 78 hotels in Icmeler
Club Aquarium
Club Aquarium
#18 of 78 hotels in Icmeler
Fortuna Beach Hotel
Fortuna Beach Hotel
#20 of 78 hotels in Icmeler
1. Re: What has happened to icmeler?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 September 2014, 18:03
Peterborough...
Level Contributor
759 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What has happened to icmeler?

I also think the increase in All Inclusive has also had an effect.

The Sea Star opened this year & the new Sentido hotel scheduled for next year so surely this has an effect on the local businesses & therefore the resort seems quieter.

That said we tried to get a friend in with us at our apartments in October & we've had to book him in elsewhere as the first 2 accomms we tried were full.

Edited: 03 September 2014, 13:24
Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,074 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What has happened to icmeler?

We actually felt the resort was more like the Icmeler we fell in love with all those years ago - and I know a lot of other people who felt the same way too, so not everyone is looking at the changes in a negative light. As chezza says too, many places are fully booked during September and October, so people clearly still want to visit Icmeler. I suppose it all depends what you are looking for from your holiday...

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Marmaris District, Turkey
Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
176 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What has happened to icmeler?

With it being my first time there I liked it as it was but I don't know what it was like before.

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,775 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What has happened to icmeler?

What I like about Icmeler is that it does change and is not stuck in a perpetual time warp. I feel that over the years the changes have improved the resort. I have no desire to go back to the old days when the roads at Romance and Fryar Tucks were not there and you had to go up unlit paths through the smallholdings to get to the Old Village. If people feel the place has changed too much for their liking then they will go elsewhere but there will always be first timers like Tigerfeet who like what they see.

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Marmaris District, Turkey
southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What has happened to icmeler?

I enjoyed myself in may and looking forward to going back. At the end of the day the mayor is only enforcing rules that should have been acted on years ago

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
176 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What has happened to icmeler?

And to be honest seeing the police driving up and down in the evening made me feel safe :-)

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
402 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What has happened to icmeler?

Imo im glad there are no more dancing waiters etc, and find icmeler perfect for us, however id like to see the canal stalls back but thats just my opinion

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,824 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What has happened to icmeler?

We enjoyed our June to July holiday this year,we are not bothered about the entertainment anyway,but would like to see the canal stalls back too..

Wendy

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
417 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What has happened to icmeler?

Agree it's lovely and we are having a great holiday, point I was trying to make is that it seems very quiet this year and we have been coming twice a year since 2008 .think people are doing same as us a meal, a drink, then to bed. Agree the worst thing was getting rid of the canal stalls.

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler