We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Damalan to Icmeler via Coach with Thomson

Trowbridge, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Transfer from Damalan to Icmeler via Coach with Thomson

Bit worried about reading how long it can take to get from airport to hotel Marti Deluxe), can it really take 3 hours. Hasn't been any updates lately, can anyone reconfirm as my parents are elderly and after a 4 hours flight we don't want to be stuck on a coach for 3 hours. We are happy to book a taxi if its worth it.

Devon, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer from Damalan to Icmeler via Coach with Thomson

It takes about 2 hours and 30 mins to Icmeler from the airport. If you are going by coach they usually stop at a café come gift shop for a short break. Included in the time.

Trowbridge, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer from Damalan to Icmeler via Coach with Thomson

Thank you, will get a taxi. From what I have read sounds the easiest option.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,095 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer from Damalan to Icmeler via Coach with Thomson

Book your transfer in advance though rather than simply getting a taxi at the airport - it will work out cheaper.

Washington, UK
Level Contributor
164 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer from Damalan to Icmeler via Coach with Thomson

Definitely book a private transfer, DM transfers, M&G Transfers and Threebellsviptransfer all have Facebook pages and all give excellent service at a much lower price than a taxi at the airport. There are shuttles too, but they can't compete with the times provided by the private transfers. See the links at the top right of this page.

Scotland
Level Contributor
2,952 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer from Damalan to Icmeler via Coach with Thomson

It can take quite a while especially if its a larger coach by the time it goes around all the hotels in Marmaris as well as Icmeler and the 20 minute comfort stop. Dont take a taxi though, book a private transfer. There are many to choose from. One such is Seagull from as little as £63 return for upto four people, we used them, which is why I mentioned them but there is more companies, have a look in the search under transfers.

Walk down the ramp and your name will be held up on a card, youre into the car and on your way with a cold , welcome drink and there in about hour and 20 minutes, just perfect after a long flight. If theres four of you its not that much dearer than a shuttle transfer. If you already have that included in your holiday just tell the tour operator so they wont hang around the airport waiting for you

Trowbridge, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer from Damalan to Icmeler via Coach with Thomson

Again thanks, will look at the links and prebook.

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
230 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfer from Damalan to Icmeler via Coach with Thomson

Another name to throw in the mix is Icmeler Online transfers - using them for the first time this year.

I would definitely recommend doing it because the last time (and only time) I did a Thomson coach transfer in 2010, we were just over 3 hours - I was about tearing my hair out!

Glasgow
Level Contributor
101 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfer from Damalan to Icmeler via Coach with Thomson

We always go with Thomson and the last 3 years they have not stopped at any Cafe on the way to the resort. It took us just under 2 hours, which has not been bad and the coaches have plenty of legroom.

Handforth, United...
Level Contributor
430 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transfer from Damalan to Icmeler via Coach with Thomson

2011 first time to Turkey our Thomson coach transfer took just under 3 hours!

2012 Thomson coach transfer - just over 5 hours!!! It took longer to transfer than fly from Manchester. Stuck in Marmaris for 2 hours waiting for a Thomson rep and a new coach driver.

Now I always use a private transfer especially when Thomson charge £25 per person for the dubious pleasure of the Marmaris coach "tour". Most private transfers take 1hour 20/30minutes from the airport to the gates of the accommodation. Personally I use DM transfers and have been happy with the service (2nd trip in 2012 and 2 trips in 2013 - using them again in September 2014). DM charge £74 for the return trip, which you pay in full to the driver who picks you up at the airport - in sterling if possible. I know most private transfers use the same method of payment. A/C vehicles with loads of space and usually water is provided beats a sweaty coach hands down. Also you get picked up by your private transfer back to the airport for your departure about 60 to 90 minutes after the Thomson coach and each time we've beaten the Thomson transfer to Dalaman airport

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
176 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transfer from Damalan to Icmeler via Coach with Thomson

It took me last night 1h 45 mins :-)

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations