We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquitos

Hastings, United...
Level Contributor
354 posts
73 reviews
Mosquitos

SueM you posted a while ago about taking Vit B to avoid mossie bites- is that vitamin B or the name of a product - I am hugely allergic to mossies and although have been relatively lucky in Turkey if I can take some steps to avoid would be great Thank you

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,216 posts
214 reviews
1. Re: Mosquitos

Yes, a lot of people recommend taking vitamin B to help avoid mozzie bites - like you, I react really badly to the bites and I think it is a case of trial and error to find something - or a combination of things - which work for you. Sometimes a remedy which one person swears by can prove completely ineffective for someone else. I find the Avon Skin So Soft dry oil spray in original (green/blue bottle) works well for me, although you can also buy repellents in Turkey - Sinkov and Off are both very good.

If you are unlucky enough to get bitten and suffer with the bites, go to the local chemists and they will be able to give you stuff which clears them up really quickly.

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,802 posts
61 reviews
2. Re: Mosquitos

That's right vitamin b take one a day two weeks before you go away and one a day whilst you are on holiday

Level Contributor
43 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Mosquitos

I didn't get any mosquito bites but I got plenty of bites from them little fish in the sea lol even drew blood on my leg

4. Re: Mosquitos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2015, 09:48
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations