We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FAO Destination Experts

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
26 reviews
FAO Destination Experts

Hi all,

I think your contributions to this site are invaluable.

I would like to ask you a few questions...

How many years have you been going to Icmeler?

If you had one hotel/apartment to stay in what would it be and why?

What is the best meal you have had(not where)

And individually, what time has been your best holiday in Icmeler and why?

(Michael Parkinson eat your heart out)

Eastleigh, United...
Level Contributor
254 posts
30 reviews
1. Re: FAO Destination Experts

Hi mate, not sure i would call myself an expert, certainly some of the people on here are.

Been going nearly every year since approx 1999/2000.

With a family i would stay in the Alvaro Apartments,it has a buzz about the place and the kids/teenagers all seem to hang out together.

Best meal ottoman casserole.

Best time was the early years the resort was sort of innocent / not street wise and so cheap.

Hope this helps,

Leon.

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,802 posts
61 reviews
2. Re: FAO Destination Experts

Hi

been going to icmeler for 16 years

best place for me is sun village apartments, very clean and no hassle

A Dana kebabs at nefis pride

best time for me was in the early days when it was smaller but I still love icmeler, it's not lost its charm

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,802 posts
61 reviews
3. Re: FAO Destination Experts

Hi

been going to icmeler for 16 years

best place for me is sun village apartments, very clean and no hassle

A Dana kebabs at nefis pride

best time for me was in the early days when it was smaller but I still love icmeler, it's not lost its charm

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
46 reviews
4. Re: FAO Destination Experts

Been going for 11 years now We normally go in May when the season is just starting and love the freshness of the resort at that time

Best meal was on a recommendation made by one of the waiters in Capt, Bullshot, now YOLO, which was a Turkish special mael No idea what it was called but it had everything and would have fed about 6 people

I prefer to stay in small family run apartments and have stayed at Castle on about 5 occasions now. Not the smartest apartments by a long shot but the owners more than make up for that. When my wife took seriously ill 6 years ago they were fantastic with me and her when she came out of hospital.

The aprtments i would love to stay at, are Murat apartments jusy about opposite Robin Hood which look wonderful.If I had the money I would prefer to rent an apartment just for the 2 of us.

had many great holidays and met some wonderful people over the years. Ths year was no exception met up with my fellow De's Iain and Sue and had a wonderful night with them. Met some wonderful people last year as well, who led me astray several nights, I dont really drink a lot on holiday, however.

Its the people in the resort that can make or break your holiday and we have been really lucky meeting some wonderful people

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,783 posts
18 reviews
5. Re: FAO Destination Experts

We've been going to Icmeler since 1997, sometimes twice a year, although inbetween we've also gone elsewhere in Turkey and also to other countries as we usually go away twice a year.

Our favourite place to stay has been the Moonlight Apartments having been there 6 times. Although we haven't stayed there for a few years we still go in to say hello and are always made very welcome. A place I would very happily return to.

Best meal is hard to say but probably the first time we went to Captain Sinbad where I had the best Adana Kebab ever. I've also enjoyed the meals I've had over the last couple of years at Meryem Yemek Evi.

A favourite holiday was when fellow DE Sue M was my next door neighbour at the Senem Apartments. A lovely lady and her hubby is one of the most relaxed and coolest guys you could meet. Many a happy hour was spent having a blether on our balconies.

Like Sue I agree the early days were better when the resort was not so built up and to get to the Old Village area you had to take the paths through the smallholdings. In those days the old No Name Bar was one of the few places with entertainment and was where Apo and Lee started before becoming regulars at the Venice.

Over the years I've made a lot of friends, British and Turkish, who we meet regularly when we are there. This year some of the DE's had a very pleasant meet up which hopefully can be repeated. Although we regularly go elsewhere we still get drawn back to Icmeler each year as we feel completely at home there.

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
123 reviews
6. Re: FAO Destination Experts

Hello, like Leon I would not class myself as an expert but I have been going to Icmeler for around 10 years possibly longer. If I had to stay in only one apartment, it would be Rhodes Apartments. I have known Tolga many years now and the apartments location within the old village is excellent, it is lovely and quiet during the day time with the mountain backdrop, one of the best pools in town. And no hassle to stay if you do not want to.

The best meal I have ever had, wow, that is a hard one. It could easily be a gorgeous tuna salad at Rhodes Apartments or a salmon dish I had at Chef.

My best holiday, again very hard to pin point as I have had many. Early May is lovely with the freshness of the resort as has been mentioned before but equally a week during July with some friends of mine with an all inclusive boat trip which was hilarious do top my top 5. Icmeler is one of those places that can be experienced completely differently depending on who you are with. I have been alone, I have been with family and I have been with friends, all of which were just as good as the other but in a different way. Either way, I am back in September with a friend and again it will be a different experience and I cannot wait.

North west
Level Contributor
519 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: FAO Destination Experts

Good to hear from you Sammig30 - been a bit quiet on here with some of us regular posters. I have been going for 5 years and this will be my 6th (in less than 2 weeks). I totally agree with all the other posts - its the people you meet, and Ive met some lovely people over the years. One of whom is getting married today and if it wasn't for other commitments I would have been a guest at the wedding. My recommendation for apartment would be Club Sun Village, stayed twice and nothing beats it. Couldn't get in this year so gone for their other one, Sun Village (so glad to see Sue recommends it). I don't particularly have a favourite meal but I do like the Loveboat , Lighthouse and Sidiks for something special and the Wembley bar always serves good food at fantastic value. My best holiday would have to be the first....cos it got me hooked on Icmelar.

8. Re: FAO Destination Experts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2015, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations